Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2011, 01:01 PM
FredDurstIsStillCool

H70 performs significantly better than the Eco when your processor is overclocked. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise...
Old January 28, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredDurstIsStillCool View Post
H70 performs significantly better than the Eco when your processor is overclocked. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise...
Only reason why the H70 would perform better is the thicker rad. Otherwise they are both the same setup.
Old January 28, 2011, 01:20 PM
FredDurstIsStillCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Only reason why the H70 would perform better is the thicker rad. Otherwise they are both the same setup.
Yes, but since the feeble skinny rad is the performance bottleneck in every single pre-sealed 120mm water cooling product on the market, don't you think there'd be some performance gains from almost doubling the surface area of the rad?

;)

Here's a direct comparison against the CoolIT Vantage. The H70 utterly smokes it, while the vantage even loses to a heatpipe air cooler.

YouTube - Corsair H70 vs CoolIT Vantage vs Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Cooler Comparison Linus Tech Tips
Old January 28, 2011, 03:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default In regards to the free ECO...

I want to thank all those that PM'ed me in regards to the free ECO I was giving away (to a good home), it has been graciously taken off my hands...I do hope the new owner has better results than I ever did.

B.

Homer J. Simpson
Old January 28, 2011, 03:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredDurstIsStillCool View Post
It's true... but the H70 is SO UGLY...
I'm just gonna wait until the H60, has better than H50 aesthetics but supposedly has H70-level performance...
Old January 29, 2011, 03:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I personally found that the stock fans on the H70 make an extremely annoying sound. I mean, they are loud which wouldn't be so bad but they produce this terrible whining sound. As far as mounting systems go, the ECO is superior.
Old January 29, 2011, 04:33 PM
FredDurstIsStillCool

Yeah the mounting system "some assembly required" for the H70 is terrible... The fans that come with it are annoying, but you can't argue with performance. From my perspective the fans will be replaced and the mounting system will only be used once or twice, so performance is key...