Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 31, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Yeah my understanding is that the water temps equalize throughout the loop after a few mins, so the order does not matter for temps. Maybe a degree or something directly after the rad if you can do it that way easily, but you are better off having a clean loop with fewer restrictions.
ya your totally right on that you can see a whole 1/2 of a degree if that it's really just my preference chris. back to topic what and what i thought you where asking about water cooling and where to put the rad. but if were just talking fans if i have a case with top fans i set them to blow out but positive case pressure is always a good thing heat rises period one of those laws
Old December 31, 2010, 11:02 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Typically you want the rad to exhaust the air out of the case. The cpu will generate heat that is absorbed by the rad, and then ejected out of the case. This will help keep the temps inside the case lower. If you were cooling a video card and motherboard, the differences would be greater (since there would be more heat in your loop, less in the air inside the case), but since you are just doing the cpu, I am not sure if mounting the rad as front/intake is a big difference from top/exhaust.

I would mount at the top of the case, and exhaust if it is possible.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 31, 2010, 11:21 AM
Rookie

OK thanks for the explanation. What could you say about the EK 240 rad? It seems to be priced less then the low-pressure XSPC RX240.

And have any of you heard of a Watercool (Heatkiller) GTX 460 fullcover? I love their GPU X2 designs, so different from the rest of the crowd. If there's nothing like that, it's still possible to get an EK 460 fullcover no problem, but I'd like to be homogeneous with the component selection as much as possible (Heatkiller CPU and GPU).

And the question about rad mounting was inspired by the Corsair Forum FAQ for the H70 (or H50, maybe). They recommend to suck air into the case because of the internal heat. That's why I ask. But now it's more or less clear, thanks. :)