Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29, 2010, 03:37 PM
Rookie

Default Looking into buying a custom WC kit

Any suggestions?

I would like to OC my i7-950 ~ 4.2G 24/7?

Price range 200-320?

Any suggestions ? ( only need to cool my CPU)
Old December 29, 2010, 05:37 PM
MVP

Default WC

This one is probably your best dollar to performance ratio

Rasa 750 RS240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit Rasa 750 RS240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit [RASA750KIT] - $142.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

A complete custom loop can of course perform better but the extra cash to do it might not be worth it. These kits are pretty highly regarded for the price.
Old December 29, 2010, 05:38 PM

My System Specs

Something like this is about as cheap as you can get it.

New to liquid cooling, need advice on possible loop
Old December 29, 2010, 06:59 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Something like this is about as cheap as you can get it.

New to liquid cooling, need advice on possible loop
Rasa kit is much better. Get the Rasa 750 RX360 kit.
Old December 29, 2010, 07:07 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elton5354 View Post
Rasa kit is much better. Get the Rasa 750 RX360 kit.
Cheaper? Yes. Better? Definitely not. You most definitely would need to replace the res/pump if you ever decided to add another block to the loop w/ the Rasa.
Old December 29, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya the raza is cheap but not a chance in hell it would out cool that custom built kit ( in my way to much of experience into water cooling ) but if cost is where your going then grab the raza. personal i really didn't like the temps a dual rad gave me on a very heavy overclocked i7 920 C0/D0 or any i7 for that matter. just my 2 cents
Old December 29, 2010, 09:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Cheaper? Yes. Better? Definitely not. You most definitely would need to replace the res/pump if you ever decided to add another block to the loop w/ the Rasa.
Ok in which way was your list is any better than the RX360 kit?

Rasa > EK-Supreme HF that you posted. If you picked the EK Supreme HF Full Nickel plated or the newer ones then that's a different story.
RX360 > RS360
Pump okay, not the best, but that pump can definitely do a CPU+GPU with no problem. If you can prove that the pump can't even handle 2 water blocks, then go ahead.

And that was about 199$ on Dazmode before it was sold out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
ya the raza is cheap but not a chance in hell it would out cool that custom built kit ( in my way to much of experience into water cooling ) but if cost is where your going then grab the raza. personal i really didn't like the temps a dual rad gave me on a very heavy overclocked i7 920 C0/D0 or any i7 for that matter. just my 2 cents
In what way is that not a custom built? It's exactly the same when you buy your parts separately.
Old December 29, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

your right i phrased that wrong what i meant is that that block and that rad and the size of hose will not handle a heavy overclock as well as the list lowfat put up it's that simple i have messed around with most of those parts besides the rasa cpu block. and if your buying a water cooling set up it's much easier to buy one you can up grade easier in the long run the hf block rocks and the rad that he has listed will easily handle any heavy oc on any i7 without the fans doing 2000 rpm+ he can add more blocks later dual rads even with crazy scyth ultra kaze 3000+ can have a hard time handling an i7 at 4.2/4.4 and up. like i said this is from my personal experience not reading reviews. but if your just getting into water for the first time and only want to dabble then the rasa a great little start.
Old December 29, 2010, 09:54 PM

My System Specs

The Supreme HF I posted is the newest revision.

As for the pump. If he were to go w/ an EK GPU block we may be fine, but any other one would likely put it well below the acceptable 1GPM.

XSPC X2O 750 Reservoir Pump

And radiator thickness plays very little in actual performance.

Skinnee Labs | Triple Radiator Comparison V2

I still think the Rasa is a great kit, I just don't trust the 2 bit pump.
Old December 29, 2010, 10:36 PM
Rookie

Ok, I read wrong. It is the newest one, but it's only better than Rasa by 0.1 of a degree..

Apoggee XT is one of the most restrictive block and Rasa is one of the least while the EK is in the middle, so maybe not use XT on that test and you'll get better results?

Yeah, but the the thicker one is more popular anyway and performs a bit better.. ;) and their radiators performs best on low rpm fans anyways @gingerbee..

anyways, yes your list was good, no doubt, but for starters and 60$ less, the RX360 kit is a better buy..