Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2007, 09:06 PM
Rookie

Default Tygon tubing

Why is it that Tygon tubing is the best to use in a water cooling setup? Other than being quite expensive and hard to find here in Canada, what makes it better than Masterklear or ClearFlex, etc.
Old December 27, 2007, 09:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I believe it's a lot harder to kink, and it's probably denser so doesn't allow the liquid to evaporate.

That's mostly guesswork though. I just built a WC loop using the clearflex and it works fine.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 27, 2007, 10:25 PM
Rookie

I will be using Tygon myself (had to order a huge arse box lol). But the reason I went with Tygon is because it seems to be the best from what everyone says, reading up on the stuff it is high grade lab use tubing so it really does take well to abuse. Guess it would just be nice to see some conclusive testing on the tubing itself and use different kinds (there is also many, many different types of Tygon).
Old December 27, 2007, 11:03 PM
Allstar

I have it, and it doesn't stain like Clearflex, it's easy to get around corners and in my opinion, doesn't kink too badly.

Get it from Welcome to Sidewinder Computers - Your Supplier of High Quality PC Modding and Cooling parts

You will save a lot of money going there, and they don't charge you for customs fees.
Old December 28, 2007, 12:07 AM
Rookie

Thanks Wankerfx, I seen their site earlier and figured I would order from a supplier in Canada here, then be nice enough to pass on the rest for a good price here on the forums when it comes in lol ;). Although I must say I did not think of staining, I could see that being an issue on making sure you can see your fluid for air, algea, etc.
Old December 28, 2007, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Isn't it less porous too? So there is less evaporation of your coolant.

I know the neoprene Tygon is, I am going to try it out on my next loop as I dont really need a clear tubing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton