Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2010, 11:39 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Bp 90 degree elbow adapter dimensions

NCIX.com - Buy Bitspower Black Sparkle Single G1/4 Swivel Angled 90 Degree Elbow Adapter G1/4 Threaded - BP-BSLR-C In Canada.

Is there anyone with these on hand? Would really appreciate it if I can get some measurements before
buying them. I dont really have rotary fittings to get a rough idea...so need you guys to help me out...

The problem is the mcw60 i am using sits too far in the middle of my gpu which basically mean that I would need a U bend to connect the mcw60 to my apogee xt. The bend radius needs to be large to prevent kinking but it appears that I do not have that amount of sideway clearance to allow such a bend
(only 2 cm at best from the edge of the gpu to the side of my casing.)

Thus, i think i can solve the problem by using spacers from daz (maybe 31mm or 21mm) depending on the dimensions of these elbow adapters and then using the elbow adapters.the end result should look exactly like the fittings on a full gpu waterblock.

thx in advance
Attached Images

Old November 19, 2010, 08:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

be cautious with that approach
those are heavy fittings,and could cause you grief
Old November 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
be cautious with that approach
those are heavy fittings,and could cause you grief
+1. I would put this on universal GPU block either because of their weight.

We don't have those, but I'm prettu sure they are the same as Q and T blocks, which is aprox 1x1 in.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 19, 2010, 08:11 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
+1. I would put this on universal GPU block either because of their weight.

We don't have those, but I'm prettu sure they are the same as Q and T blocks, which is aprox 1x1 in.
i guess 1 inch will not fit in that 2cm gap... prolly will have to get the regular 90 degree ones... and hope it ends up having a general downward direction once screwed in...
G1/4 90 Degree IG 1/4 Adapter Extender - Matte Black G1/4 90 Degree IG 1/4 Adapter Extender - Matte Black [BP-MBWP-C39] - $7.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

together with 31mm spacers...
31mm Dual Connecting Spacer Adapter Male/Female - Silver Shine 31mm Dual Connecting Spacer Adapter Male/Female - Silver Shine [MFL-G14] - $7.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store
i juz dont get the description "31mm extra long level adjusting spacer, adapter with dual female G1/4 threads, Silver Shining finish. "
from the pic it looks like a male at one end and female on the other..
do i get two of them in one package(if so then the description makes more sense)?

as for the weight i should be alright since im not going to use the rottary fittings anymore..it should not weigh more than a full block plus i have the stock hs on... so it should help keep my pcb straight...

thx jtf2 and daz for such quick responses.
Old November 20, 2010, 08:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

Oh, good catch! Another victim of bad "cut and paste" has found. Thanks!

They are single units, not pairs.. They are very light, not like those square thingies.
HTPC Build: Final Video

Last edited by Dazmode; November 20, 2010 at 08:49 AM.