Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2010, 07:01 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default CoolIT Vantage A.L.C Review Comment Thread

Integrated water cooling systems are nothing new in the custom built PC scene but over the last two years they have gradually evolved from poor performing wannabes to bona-fide CPU cooling solutions. In this review, we take a look at the latest addition to CoolIT's stable of products: the Vantage ALC. This product is supposed to represent the culmination all the past lessons learned from past generations and integrate them into something that should compete with the best the competition has to offer.

[ Read full article ]
Old November 16, 2010, 11:12 PM
MVP

Enjoyed the review, but I thought the LCD screen didn't get too much attention. You covered the different colours and the fact it displays coolent temps and alarms, but I thought this thing had wireless capability. How does that work?
Old November 17, 2010, 04:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

At this point the wireless part of it is "wireless-ready" but not wireless out of the box. Maestro software + wireless controller does NOT come standard with it and CoolIT did not send it to us to include in this review. If they had I would have certainly put it through its paces for you guys, but as of right now its a $89 option that is "sold separately". ;)

As for the LCD, its an LCD, it changes colours. You will most likely set it to one colour (or off), use it maybe once in awhile to help change the mode and that is it. If there is any other details you would like us to include please let us know so that we can include them in future reviews. Im sure this wont be the only LCD wc'ing all in one we do and I personally am always looking for details that you guys want included in my reviews. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 17, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think the included video showed off enough on the lcd. Personally I think that lcd is a gimmick because I don't want to look down at my case when I could just look at some software on my monitor.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm surprised this cooler hasn't interested more people, as shown by the limited amount of replies to this thread...

Is it better to forget this and go with Corsair H70 in all situations?
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old November 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

I think this is a pretty nifty cooler.. but I don't like the fact you need to open the case if you wish to change the fan speeds.