Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Indigo Xtreme (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/38008-indigo-xtreme.html)

Fudd Rucker November 15, 2010 03:46 PM

Indigo Xtreme

Any try this out yet? I was looking at Daz's site earlier for another rad and fittings when I stumbled upon this.

Xtreme Overclocking Thermal Interface Kit for LGA1366 i7 (Pack2) Xtreme Overclocking Thermal Interface Kit for LGA1366 [1366-X1] - $23.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

Im curious about it myself as I never seem to apply TIM properly.

vohiep84 November 15, 2010 06:05 PM

Yup,

I am currently using it.

Can't tell you the before and afters as it was the first TIM I used for my very first watercooling loop.

The installation is awkward, but after that it's a pretty breezy process.

I wasted one of the install, wasn't sure when the reflow was actually finished.

PM me if you want further details.

JD November 15, 2010 07:28 PM

Pretty useless I'd say. Lot of effort and patience to install it for basically no difference in temperatures. I can't say it was any dramatic from from MX-3 on my i7 920 w/ HK 3.0 Nickel-plated block.

I just felt like trying something different. However I surely wouldn't do it again.

vohiep84 November 15, 2010 07:55 PM

Yeah,

It's out of the normal, I would probably not use it again unless it was cheaper.

Fudd Rucker November 15, 2010 08:42 PM

Well my main reasoning for it is I simply dont feel I ever get my paste on right, even when I follow instructions to a T. The extra degree or 2 would be bonus on top of getting a perfect application of TIM on my chip.

vohiep84 November 15, 2010 09:25 PM

Well...

If you do it correct it's great, but if you mess up it costs alot of monies.

I'd say it's a tad more difficult than applying grease TIM. Well it's not difficult it's just different.

Fudd Rucker November 15, 2010 10:08 PM

also a major concern i have with this unit is the melting method as my gpu block is first in my loop and I cant imagine it would be good for the gpu to be ran for a minute or 2 without waterflow going through it.

vohiep84 November 15, 2010 10:24 PM

Yeah, that will be a problem...

JD November 16, 2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker (Post 450710)
also a major concern i have with this unit is the melting method as my gpu block is first in my loop and I cant imagine it would be good for the gpu to be ran for a minute or 2 without waterflow going through it.

I unplugged my GPU from the slot and rested it beside the slot (since there's not much slack in the tubing).

It's just way too much hassle for no results really, but it's up to you. If you have like 30-45 minutes to kill, then go for it. You basically want a "clean-room environment" though as there shouldn't be any dirt/dust on the chip.

CanadianReaper7 November 18, 2010 04:25 PM

I would actually recommend this. I'm not sure what the above poster is talking about with it being pretty much equal to MX-3. My temps are 4C lower with indigo xtreme than with mx-3 with multiple mounts on my EK Supreme HF.

It's $25 for 2 mounts. Read the instructions carefully and make sure you reset your bios to default BEFORE you apply the TIM so you don't have to restart after bios changes like I did and not get adequate reflow. Had to waste the first application :(

Daz has this on his site for a decent price. Xtreme Overclocking Thermal Interface Kit for LGA1366 i7 (Pack2) Xtreme Overclocking Thermal Interface Kit for LGA1366 [1366-X1] - $23.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store