Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
My dilemma is this- if I buy the mcw60 without the ramsinks, I don't get the 52 dollar sale price so my total is 42 (block)+ 44 (kit) = 86 plus tax and shipping = 100 bucks

If I can get a hold of three more ramsinks, my price is 52 (block)+12 (mc21's) = 64 plus tax and shipping = 74 bucks, so I'd be saving 26 bucks- I was waffling about buying the gpu cooler initially, so now that it might cost me 26 dollars more, I'm more iffy about it.
You can still buy the MCW60 and buy the extra ramsinks with the Mosfet coolers. I am not one for spending more money than I have to but if I were in your position, I would buy the oackage with all the heatsinks. Why? Because there are too many "iffs" involved with getting another 3 Swiftech ramsinks.
Old February 28, 2007, 11:14 PM
Misoprostol

I've installed MCW60s on a couple of 8800s. Don't take customer reviews too seriously when the person was not even able to perform a simple GPU block installation....

If the screws are so bent you have to cut them to remove them, obviously something was done wrong. You should never tighten something like that. It's lucky he didn't wreck his card...
Old March 1, 2007, 04:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I wanted to mount the radiator on the back of my computer, I'd probably need to watercool my gpu, wouldn't I-- so that it wasn't blowing hot air through the radiator.
Old March 1, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just noticed you were posting here as well about water cooling. I'd say no, you'd have no reason to cool the GPU with water if you don't want to. The warm air will hardly if at all effect the water temp in the rad. most people use much larger than needed rads anyways. I could easily run my loop with just one rad, but I had planned on adding the MCW60-T into the current setup. My plan changed when my Vmodded 7900GTX crapped out.
I also agree with Misoprostol very much and would avoid EVER using any reviews on hardware stores like Newegg or NCIX as a guide as to what works and what doesn't. 90%+ of the people buying water gear online have next to no experience with it and they can't see past problems. Usually, at the most, a very minor mod will make things fit even when they are not supposed to. I will keep track of this thread and offer my humble advice/opinions if needed.
Old March 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just finalised my wc order although FIVE of the items aren't in stock, so I'm afraid I may be waiting a while- I was hoping to get it around the same time as my revised 680i board from evga, but I doubt this will happen now. I would have like dto do some performance comparisons between the two boards before I sent the old one back in. I guess I can still do the comparison, but not with water cooling.
Old March 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I was hoping to get it around the same time as my revised 680i board from evga,
Is it official that they are shipping you a new revision board?

If so, that's great news!

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 2, 2007, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It seems that way-- I've gone through the process and am waiting for final approval- they're cross shipping it too. Nothing wrong with my board, but I figure I should get the update in case I upgrade to the quad core someday.
Old March 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
Misoprostol

which water cooling items are not in stock right now?
Old March 2, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't actually ask- but I could probably find out- why?
Old March 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just got my rma approval- very fast!