Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2010, 01:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Which block to use?

I have here a set of waterblocks for my work in progress.

Swiftec GTZ and a Dtek Fusion V1 with a nozzle accelorator kit.

I plan on cooling an 1055t amd with my setup.

Curious, which block is better?

Another question, my Dtek came with a "nozzle acceloration " kit, which nozzle would be optimal for this chip? Something that would restrict waterflow into the block creating more pressure?
Old August 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Both are good blocks.. it'll be up to you to decide.

I'd wager a difference of maybe 1-2 degrees difference.
Old August 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thats what I was hoping to hear, As my Dtek already has AMD mounting hardware with it and I didnt want to continue to shell out further for the swiftec block. And since the release times of the 2 blocks was so far apart, i couldnt find a good comparison or anyone on another forum comparing the 2 blocks.

Now to figure out the nozzle acceloration kit lol.
Old August 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Without the nozzle kit, the Fuzion is much less restrictive, but I'd expect the GTZ to be worth a degree or two. Not a huge difference, though.

Nozzle-wise, I'm not sure any of them would be all that good. The core layout on the 1055T is pretty spread out, which makes the circular nozzles less effective, and the layout isn't linear, which makes the quad-nozzle less effective. The only part of that nozzle package I would bother using is the o-ring that blocks off the flow bypass.
Old August 10, 2010, 01:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Is that the little washer looking thing? I have that but its got a very very small hole in it , and it wont stay put unless one of the nozzles are put in. I thought the 1055t was monolithic die?
Old August 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

If it's the washer I'm talking about, it's should be adhesive on one side, stick on to the midplate, and should be compressed when you re-assemble the block.

The 1055T is monolithic, but 6 cores still take up a fair bit of area, which is why I'm skeptical of the nozzles giving much improvement - I can't see the outer edges receiving the blast the way they should. But I'm just guessing here - I can't speak through experience on this one. The only procs I tried my own Fuzion on were a Q6600 and a QX9650, neither which showed any meaningful benefit from the nozzles.
Old August 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks a million MpG, you helped out a great deal. Im going to just use the block stock and see how that pans out considering the real estate that a monolithic 6 core die takes up there would be no reason to need the nozzles. Just need to finish my mod and order up my hardware and see how it pans out.