Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2010, 08:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well here it is :

Will re-work the tubing and add some 45 degrees fittings to help.

I'm also considering adding a 8800GT for a PhysX card ... anyone knows where I can find a water block for a Galaxy 8800GT ... preferably in Canada, I know Performance-PCs have some, but I don't want to break the bank a.k.a. pay more than the card is worth.
Old August 26, 2010, 01:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

Seems I've got some air in my loop .... started yesterday I guess when I played around in my case, but there's no leak and I can't seem to find the source?

Should I open the fill port of my res?
Old August 26, 2010, 02:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If you're hearing bubbles, leave the res top tight and tilt the case on it's side. That usually works for me.

If you're seeing the res level go down, it's probably because micro bubbles are working their way out of the fluid.

As for your 8800gt, you should be able to find a MCW60 or Maze 4/5 used for cheap that will work with ramsinks, or put up a WTB for a full cover block in the BST. I'm sure there are some around.
Old August 27, 2010, 06:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

So I've tilted my tower on the side while it was on, tilted on the side once it was off. I've turned it off, waited for the bubbles in the res to rise to the top ... but it seems there is more liquid in the res now than before.

I'm guessing there's a huge pocket of air somewhere that's stuck and won't budge because I tripled checked every connection with paper towels and there is no leak (would be easy to see, liquid is red).

I'll have to empty the loop soon anyways so I'll address that problem then, but is it safe to run the system with bubbles? Just has a lower performance? I'm not doing anything demanding for the computer right now, just web browsing mostly.

Thanks for helping beginners guys!
Old August 27, 2010, 09:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Leave it run 24/7 as long as the coolant is still flowing. The bubbles will probably work their way out. If you've got a speed adjustable pump, turn it to max. That tends to help the bubbles flow out of blocks and rads.

I can't see exactly where your rad is mounted and how it's plumbed. Mine sits in the bottom of my TJ on it's side. I had to change the inlet/outlet around, because I originally had the inlet on the top, and it wouldn't force all the air out of the rad, as it was rising against the flow. You've probably got air trapped in the tank of your rad. You may have to turn your machine completely upside down or on it's back to get the air out of where it's trapped.