Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2010, 09:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Some new parts...

Thanks to Dazmode, I've ordered some more parts for my watercooling system, even though I'm sure most would deem it unnecessary. It's an addiction I tell ya!

So I bought a Laing DDC 3.25 to replace my MCP355. My justification is that I know have an entire 2nd WC system. Have yet to decide if I'll sell it or put it on my dad's X6 1055T. Some shots of it:

Then I requested for Daz to get some Koolance HTS-PMP400's in (heatsink for DDCs). Amazingly he got them within a weeks time, so kudos to him. Hopefully it can fit within my XSPC DDC DualBay Res, if not, then I guess I'll have some sanding/grinding to do... Decided to just take some pictures of it installed, however I didn't put the thermal pad in yet since it has to come apart again as it goes in topless into the reservoir. Just wanted to make sure it all fit though as Koolance designed it for their PMP400 pump (which is just a DDC anyhow). Figure there's no harm in trying to make the pump run cooler. Screw mounts on the bottom seem to be spaced at 50mm. Maybe I'll attach a fan onto it.

And finally, since I'm too lazy to single-sleeve stuff myself, I grabbed some of those ModRight extensions. They look pretty good, and surely better than what I would of done.

Sadly due to school ending in the next two weeks, I have a ton of projects to do and exams to study for, so I won't be installing any of this stuff until the end of August and into September. I'll post more pictures then.

Last edited by JD; August 6, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old August 6, 2010, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

I never found that pump to run that warm.. vibrate a lot .. oh yah. But not warm.

But good idea!
Old August 6, 2010, 10:12 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I never found that pump to run that warm.. vibrate a lot .. oh yah. But not warm.

But good idea!
But it looks great. Eliminates all that plastic. It really is horrible to install though.
Old August 6, 2010, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
But it looks great. Eliminates all that plastic. It really is horrible to install though.
What is? The heatsink? Seemed easy. Haven't cut the thermal pad though, which I'm guessing will be the tricky part.
Old August 6, 2010, 10:17 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
What is? The heatsink? Seemed easy. Haven't cut the thermal pad though, which I'm guessing will be the tricky part.
Cutting the thermal pad was annoying but not difficult. I had issues w/ those 4 spacers as they kept on falling out.
Old August 6, 2010, 01:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Cutting the thermal pad was annoying but not difficult. I had issues w/ those 4 spacers as they kept on falling out.
No issues with those. Dropped them in and they kinda "locked" into place once rotated to fit the cutouts in the metal surround.
Old August 6, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nice pictures! Not sure about major thermal breakthrough, but heartsick looks sick.
HTPC Build: Final Video