Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2010, 08:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need Good, Quiet, Slim (20mm or less) Fan.

I am working on my current build, the htpc/server which does not have a name yet and the only pictures i've taken before is the "this is all the stuff i'm throwing in there" pictures. I ran into a snag, where i want to place my radiator/fan i seem to run into parts of the board and cannot mount it. The radiator/watercooling unit i am using is the eco cool it. It is a standard 25mm fan, so i figured if i get a 20mm or less it should clear (as it barely doesnt but if i can get a 12-15mm one that has decent cfm and quiet i'd jump on that). Please oh fan gurus bless me with your knowledge
Old July 12, 2010, 09:35 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Scythe "SLIP STREAM SLIM" 120 x 12mm Fan

I'm not a fan guru or a wc'ing guy, but I've used these where nothing else would fit. Pick your poison in terms of your airflow vs noise tradeoff.
Old July 13, 2010, 05:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, well i just would need a decent amount of air flow pulling air into or is it off of the radiator (wc) noob, and seeing the WC unit is for a lower power consumption amd processor that will most likely not be overclocked i dont/shouldnt see temps/air flow as a big issue (hopefully).
Old July 13, 2010, 06:08 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

In that case: better safe than sorry. I'd get higher cfm ones and use a fan controller if they're too loud.
Old July 13, 2010, 06:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Scythe is the only one that makes a 12mm fan if I remember correctly.

Take that and hope for the best. The Loss in Airflow will be a non-issue as you said, its a low powered AMD processor. The AM3's these days run very cool.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 13, 2010, 06:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Its not an AM3, its NCIX.com - Buy AMD Phenom X3 8250E Triple Core Energy Efficient Processor 1.9GHZ 1.5MB L2 2MB L3 65W AM2+ OEM - HD8250ODJ3BGH In Canada. . Also, which direction should i be facing the fan, pulling air from the rad or pushing air to the rad?
Old July 13, 2010, 07:09 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I use the above scythe fan (slim) and I gotta say it barely moves any air. I use it as a case fan in a not so restricted area and I can't really feel anything.
Old July 13, 2010, 07:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You'll still be fine, and I answered your other questions already.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 13, 2010, 09:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, now i just need to find one hopefully in stock at Canada Computers since i can pick that up on the way from home