Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
Top Prospect

you cant buy hw rads in canada right now that i know of. i actually bought out the last sr1 rad that ncix had in stock. go with daz for your gear but cross check prices with ncix sometimes they have a deal. get the hf block heatkiller is alittle pricey and not really necessary. as for rads its a question of fan speed mcr is good for low flow but doesnt cool that much and fesser cool alot but work better with higher air flow. o and id go with 3/8 instead of 1/2 cuz its easier and leaves u with more room and makes almost no difference in temps.
Old July 12, 2010, 07:09 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer View Post
you cant buy hw rads in canada right now that i know of. i actually bought out the last sr1 rad that ncix had in stock. go with daz for your gear but cross check prices with ncix sometimes they have a deal. get the hf block heatkiller is alittle pricey and not really necessary. as for rads its a question of fan speed mcr is good for low flow but doesnt cool that much and fesser cool alot but work better with higher air flow. o and id go with 3/8 instead of 1/2 cuz its easier and leaves u with more room and makes almost no difference in temps.
The only real difference between rads are looks. There is going to be less than 1C difference between radiators for most fans.

Skinnee Labs | Triple Radiator Comparison V2
Old July 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Thank you guys for inputs. My setup :
1) PUMP : - EK-DCP 4.0
2) RADIATOR :Swiftech MCR220
3) Fittings : - some 1/2 ID - 3/4 OD Feser or Bitspower
4) Reservoir : - i have a Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Rev 2
5) Tubing : - i have 10 feet of Primochill Primofles Pro LRT Black
6) Fans : - probably some Gelid or Yate Loon.
7) CPU BLOCK : EK-Supreme HF PLEXI

next week probably i will order some stuff.

Lets get wet
RFD
Old July 12, 2010, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

The only things I would change are the pump and CPU block, but they are personal reasons, not performance reasons.

I would get an (Swiftech) MCP-655 or 350/355. They are great pumps and are the most used ones in this hobby - and for reason. As for the CPU block, I would just switch the plexi for the full copper, or delrin. Plexi is prone to cracking, and the threads can be stripped much easier (not really a big deal if you do not re-do your loop very often.)

Just my opinion