Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2007, 05:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

Aaah, yeah, after re-reading through some of the posts and I saw ramsink it finally dawned on me what you where talking about. And yeah, I've heard that plastic barbs = death! Well, maybe not to that extreme...but you get the point! But how many barbs would I need in this kit...considering I don't want any plastic dieing on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
k, now you are getting silly. You are basically getting the swiftech apex ultra+ kit for about the same money and less features.

I bought the kit and love it. cpu, gpu and northbridge cooling, everything you need in the kit.
In the end, mine will probably be just a little over that in price, but in turn, some of the parts have been changed, and by the looks of it, by the end, the only thing it has that I won't have is the chipset waterblock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlemarkal View Post
Hello
After looking a lot for wather cooling and being tired of working in cramp midtawer I purchase the fulL tower LCS from THERMALATKE at NCIX PM at directcanada and combien to a free shipping item for my Q6600 quad, many HD a 8000GT(up from a 1950PRO) and silverstone 500EF and I'M very happy, a ton of fans great look for a bargin price (relatively speaking)

No problem perfect fit not the biggest setup but CPU very cool enav OC and I'm sure I can add a VGA and Northbrige cooler.
Little out of place on this thread...but ok

Anywho, can't wait to order all this stuff on payday, it will be an amazing experience...epic even! It will be full of giggles of joy, which will turn into noises of concern...and in the end, cursing of annoyance!
Old November 28, 2007, 06:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Barbs:
2-GPU
2-CPU
2-rad
2-reservoir
As those DD come in a 2 pack you will need to order 4 sets, you dont need any for that pump.

You will need 10 hose clamps too.;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 7, 2007, 02:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

Bah, long time sense I last posted in here...

Anywho, so, apparently people have a secret conspiracy against me, and they bought out all the tygon tubing...in like a day. So my question is, before they (they being the conspirators) buy out all the tubing in NCIX, what tubing would you recommend to go with the D-TEK Customs 1/2IN G1/4 Chrome High Flow Barb Fittings (Pair). I think the Clearflex 60 Tubing 1/2IN ID 7/8IN OD 10 Feet would work, but I'm not 100% sure!

First person who helps gets a cookie?
Old December 7, 2007, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

When it comes to water cooling I get really skeptical...you go with special fluid or just water?...I would buy something like will not harm the circuits on the mobo and gpu if it leaks and something to help the tubes...
Edit: why do you need water cooling for?
Get this: VapoChill LightSpeed - Pentium 4 Socket 775 - Silver (04-L-1150) - FrozenCPU.com

Last edited by omgwtf; December 7, 2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old December 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Bah, long time sense I last posted in here...

Anywho, so, apparently people have a secret conspiracy against me, and they bought out all the tygon tubing...in like a day. So my question is, before they (they being the conspirators) buy out all the tubing in NCIX, what tubing would you recommend to go with the D-TEK Customs 1/2IN G1/4 Chrome High Flow Barb Fittings (Pair). I think the Clearflex 60 Tubing 1/2IN ID 7/8IN OD 10 Feet would work, but I'm not 100% sure!

First person who helps gets a cookie?
I got the Swiftech 7/16" tubing, it's good stuff, and cheap! I believe they still have warehouse stock

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old December 7, 2007, 05:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
When it comes to water cooling I get really skeptical...you go with special fluid or just water?...I would buy something like will not harm the circuits on the mobo and gpu if it leaks and something to help the tubes...
Edit: why do you need water cooling for?
Get this: VapoChill LightSpeed - Pentium 4 Socket 775 - Silver (04-L-1150) - FrozenCPU.com
Yes, because I have almost $900 for a cooling system that uses TONS of power. Sure, the overclocks you get are amazing, but I've seen alot of people still go back to watercooling.

Second, if your careful, the chances of a watercooling system leaking is almost nil. All it takes is to test it outside your rig, and then test it once again inside the rig, with only the bare minimums installed. Plus, "special fluids" actually don't cool as well as distilled water.

Cptn: I'll look into them! *cookies*
Old December 8, 2007, 07:42 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

All you need is a liquid additive that prevents fungus. And for the tubing I second the 7/16" (tighter fit, harder to install) over the 1/2" (looser fit, easier to install). Also the 7/16" has a thinner wall, which makes bending easier.

John
Old December 8, 2007, 09:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

Yeah, I already have my addictive, SmartCoils 625 (yay for finding them on sale!) and my half of my fans coming in the mail already (3x Red Antec fans to replace those blue ones in my 3D Aurora, and D-Tek UV Fire Red)...well...it hasn't shipped yet...but you get the point. My main order I'm doing on Monday, I finally decided to use the Noctua's in my rad after much looking around! So that now leaves the tubing! So close....