Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

I personally like the look of cylinder res' more. Also, the have proven to be more reliable, and they can be put almost anywhere. That is why I use them.
Old July 7, 2010, 10:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I personally like the look of cylinder res' more. Also, the have proven to be more reliable, and they can be put almost anywhere. That is why I use them.
If you have a large case maybe...

I don't really have any place to fit a pump and cylinder res in my FT01-BW without looking really cramped and messy. And my XSPC DDC bayres has been holding up perfectly. I even have the original one before they started the aluminum faceplates.
Old July 21, 2010, 09:25 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
I've been using a Danger Den acrylic bay res for a while with no problems. Acrylic isn't really just "glued". The product used to join acrylic actually isn't an adhesive at all. It softens the two pieces of acrylic, which then merge. This process is more akin to welding than gluing.

Though you guys are right in that it is much easier for a small manufacturer to screw up bonding acrylic than threading premade acrylic tubing.

Just think of the hydrostatic pressure at the bottom of some large acrylic fish tanks. Much more pressure than a watercooling pump.

Completely off-topic, but this always has scared the hell out of me. I have a 55 gallon fish tank in my room and a 120 with a 33 sump in the front room.
Sometimes when I am cleaning them, and or watching the fish, it gets into my head just how MUCH pressure is on these tanks. I suddenly move slower and lighter around them. That is a LOT of water pressure.

On topic, these bay reservoirs seem to be decent if used well enough, but as with any product there are those that have better luck with certain things. A threaded item will have higher reliability for a low end manufacturer because of the ease to put it together, but at the same time a well done bay reservoir will out last a threaded unit as well.
Old July 21, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
Of course the only practical solution to water cooling is "unreliable". I've been using an XSPC bay res for months no prob. I don't see how anyone can tolerate wasting space in their case.
Well if you have a huge case like 800D or ATCS 840 you have space to waste so put a nice modded pump with a nice looking rest and it's awesome looking

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||