Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2010, 08:08 PM
Rookie

Default Help selecting a cooler for my 1090t

Hi All,

I just picked up an amd phenom II 1090T and need help deciding which cooler would perform better for me the CoolIT ECO ALC or the Corsair h50.

Please some advice pls
Old June 9, 2010, 08:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

H50 but the best air cooler (prolimatech megahalem, thermalright venomus X, etc ) will do better compare to these prebuilt watercooling. I strongly suggest do it all ( a complete water loop ) or go air. You can buy some little kit for like 250 box like this one.
Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Kit - DirectCanada

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 28, 2010, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Both are good, I like the H-50 more. The H-50 is easy to use and doesn't weigh 1 kilo. I recommend using 2 fans on it though, preferably ones with high static pressure. Yes, a full WC loop would be better, but it's also 4 times the price of an H-50.
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old June 28, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thermalright venomus X because i love mine great build quality. get it on sale and your good
Old June 28, 2010, 11:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Coolit ECO.

After having played with an H50 and then going to an ECO on build two I can honestly say the ECO is by far the best of these Sealed WC units to work with.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
Rookie

thanks guys. Getting the eco alc. Got a good offer on it here in india :)
Old June 28, 2010, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Please post some pictures of the ECO when you get it - installation too. Do not think there are many people around this forum with the ECO that has put up their own pictures.

Now, I am guessing it is too late, but both of those coolers are easily beat by air-coolers of the same price. However, if you got a good deal on the ECO - then go for it :thumbup: We (the HWC community) see atleast a thread or two per week asking this same question lol. You could have found a dozen answers just going through the first few threads here, and save yourself sometime waiting for an answer.
Old June 29, 2010, 06:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Please post some pictures of the ECO when you get it - installation too. Do not think there are many people around this forum with the ECO that has put up their own pictures.

Now, I am guessing it is too late, but both of those coolers are easily beat by air-coolers of the same price. However, if you got a good deal on the ECO - then go for it :thumbup: We (the HWC community) see atleast a thread or two per week asking this same question lol. You could have found a dozen answers just going through the first few threads here, and save yourself sometime waiting for an answer.
I could probably do that for you this weekend or early next week if you like.

For some situations they work better than air, for others not so much.

From my personal experience on them, they run warmer at idle and cooler at load than equivelent air cooling solutions (Well, at least the air cooling solutions I have).

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 29, 2010, 06:42 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

+1 to the ECO. I have two of them. MUCH easier to work with then the H50.

These prebuilts are great for smaller cases or cases which dont have great internal air flow. In that kind of setup they will beat most air coolers out there.
In high air flow situations....they will lose. Sticking one of these prebuilts into a HAF932 / HAF X for example is not a great idea (they will do OK, but not great).

Really does come down to what your setup is and how much fresh air you can throw at the CPU cooler. If you got lots of air movement....get an air based CPU cooling solution such as the CM Hyper 212+, Zalman CNPS 10X Flex, Prolimatech, Noctua D14, Venomous X, Thermaltake Frio or a really nifty looking one the CM V6 GT. ANY of those in a high air flow environment will serve you better. :)

YMMV

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr