Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2010, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
Is there a difference in performance between EK-Supreme HF - Acetal and EK-Supreme HF - Plexi?
None, whatsoever. There is also no difference between Acetal and Nickel version either.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hardware Labs SR-1 560 Chances are you cant mount that sucker anywhere. (The TJ11 can ) Why not do two loops??
Old June 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
Rookie

I ended up getting the EH Supreme HF full nickle since I don't want to worry about cracks. Someone also mentioned to me that the Acetal is not good because of how it reacts to other metals and certain WC fluid. Not sure if it's true or not.
Old June 11, 2010, 02:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't heard of acetal reacting with anything before. Plexi, yes, but not acetal. In any case, the nickel-plated one looks much nicer. :)
Old June 16, 2010, 04:22 PM
Rookie

Ok, finaly got all the parts I need and I want to set this up tonight. Any noobie tips I might find useful? I'm assuming my loop should be: reservoir ---> pump ---> cpu block ---> radiator

Should I run distilled water through any parts first? Is it a good idea to put the tubes in hot water before installing on the barbs. I'm also assuming I don't need a fill/drainport since I'm using a reservoir?

Thanks!
Old June 16, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

run warm water through your parts to flush them out then flush with distilled water. hot water will make the tubing easy or easier to work with. i run my setups res-pump-rad-block-res.jmo as always
Old June 16, 2010, 08:54 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the tip. I ended up going res-pump-rad-block-res. I'm running the pump now to get the air out. Is 24hrs sufficient for this?
Old June 16, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
Ok, finaly got all the parts I need and I want to set this up tonight. Any noobie tips I might find useful? I'm assuming my loop should be: reservoir ---> pump ---> cpu block ---> radiator

Should I run distilled water through any parts first? Is it a good idea to put the tubes in hot water before installing on the barbs. I'm also assuming I don't need a fill/drainport since I'm using a reservoir?

Thanks!
Just flush the rad with near-boiling distilled water a few times. Some rads need to be done more then others. What I do is pour the water through a coffee filter and check how much flux is in there. I repeat untill clean.
Old June 17, 2010, 05:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

a 24 bleed test should help remove most of the air but sometimes it can take over a week to get all the air out. so just keep it running