Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2010, 08:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
So is that $5 that USPS attatched to the S/H price on the checkout part of websites? When CanadaPost comes to my door, the guy never asked for money - and I sure ordered more then $50 worth of stuff, multiple times.
No its not, if they charge you duties and taxes they affix a from e14 to your package and you have to pay the amount on the form before Canada Post releases your package.

D5-1-1 http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/d...d5-1-1-eng.pdf

"CBSA Postal Import Form
43. Details of the assessment of duties, taxes, and handling fees are printed on Form E14, CBSA Postal Import Form, which is then affixed to the mail item by Canada Post for delivery to the recipient. Canada Post is responsible for delivering mail items and for collecting duties and taxes on behalf of the CBSA."

However, there are a large number of folk that say they often are never charged, that it seems to be hit or miss. It would appear the large volume of mail or something prevents Canada Post and the CBSA from charging duties and taxes on all packages coming through. I guess since they don't have the large fee incentive of the couriers they arent as motivated to collect or something.