Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2010, 04:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Primochill Typhoon III... long slow death

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share the fate of the much maligned Typhoon III with all of you. This is the response I got today from Brian after my third Typhoon III leaked. For some history, I was one of the unlucky few who got in on this thing in the initial shipment so I've been around the Typhoon III since it launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Primochill
Hello Brad,
Again we appreciate your patience in hanging in their with us.

"As of May 19th 2010, PrimoChill has decided to stop production and any further pursuit of revisions to the Typhoon III Reservoir System. PrimoChill has exhausted all of its time and resources allotted for any further production on the Typhoon III Reservoir System and has decided that this effort would be better directed towards the new reservoir product line which we believe will exceed the market's expectations. We would like to thank all of our customers and resellers for their patience in working out the kinks and unforeseen events that occurred throughout the life of the T3.

Primochill has and will continue to stand behind all users who have received a defective reservoir. Warranty replacements will be handled on a case by case basis."

What does this mean for you? Well below are a few options we would like you to consider in taking care of your warranty replacement.

1. In-Store Credit at Primochill.com or Moddersmart.com for the amount of your Typhoon III reservoir.
2. Typhoon III replacement with Free Black faceplate. This is part is the Rev A part that we have had good success with but no longer make.
3. Wait for Typhoon IV release(which you will get a free replacement). We anticipate this to be ready in 30-45 days. Will be a Delrin version with tons of new updates.
4. Refund amount of the Typhoon III Reservoir of $65.95 USD. Please note this can take up to 30 days before you see the funds back on your credit card or paypal account.

Once again, we want to thank you for being patience while we were able to figure out what the status of the Typhoon III was going to be.
Best Regards,

Brian
Customer Support
Despite all the problems this res caused me, I just want to say the customer support from Primochill has been awesome, and its nice to see these guys standing behind their product (even if it was doomed from the start).

That said, I have asked for my refund for now, and I will wait until well after the release of the Typhoon IV before even considering it.
Old May 20, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

They stopped making them? Doesn't suprise me. I wish all acrylic bay-res' would go out of business. Your just asking for truble using something that is held together by glue... I aggree that they look nice (when used appropriatly), but it isnt worth all the hastle IMO - such as you going through three.

Its really nice to see how they are taking it though.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
MVP

That's too bad.

I bought a primochill typhoon III, used it for about 4 months. Absolute pain in the butt to set up (o-ring for pump leaked, compression fittings leaked).

Got it dialed in and never had a problem since, but I got tired of the look. Plus a little nervous with it hanging above my hdd's.

I think a techbench or something similar would be the safest bet for these with the reputation they've acquired
Old May 21, 2010, 05:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

sorry you all have been used as apond in intellectual property rights theft by spin doctors the likes of geno aka boxgods and web associates.

where's the lawsuit ?
Old May 21, 2010, 07:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

law suit?

I'm Canadian... whats a law suit?
Old May 22, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

A lawsuit is a civil action brought before a court of law in which a plaintiff, a party who claims to have received damages from a defendant's actions. boxgods crying was cut out of deal

class action suit - A lawsuit brought by one party on behalf of a group of individuals all having the same grievance. failed T3
Old May 25, 2010, 02:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehpr0fess0r View Post
law suit?

I'm Canadian... whats a law suit?
it was meant to be a joke...