Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2010, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default new to water cooling

hi everyone,

im completely new to water cooling, all i know is the basics and don't now much else...

this is my system:

asus crosshair IV formula

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

PNY GeForce GTX 480 Fermi

corsair 700d case

what would you guys use for this system?

Old May 19, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it depends on what your goals of going water are? quite, performance or just better cooling. you could just cool your cpu that's what i tend too do because i change my gpu too often
simple rad ,block and pump and your rocking personal i like the swiftech 350/355 650/655 pumps there great and run 24/7 for years.

when it comes to blocks there a big choice if you change your parts a lot then get a universal block mount like the new hf or several ek blacks are good this way. jm2cents
Old May 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
it depends on what your goals of going water are? quite, performance or just better cooling. you could just cool your cpu that's what i tend too do because i change my gpu too often
simple rad ,block and pump and your rocking personal i like the swiftech 350/355 650/655 pumps there great and run 24/7 for years.

when it comes to blocks there a big choice if you change your parts a lot then get a universal block mount like the new hf or several ek blacks are good this way. jm2cents
im planning for this rig to last 2 years or so, im planning on oc'ing the gpu and cpu and want price/performance idea but am still willing to dish out extra it makes a good difference
Old May 19, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well then your looking at some pretty penny the only thing i would go outta of my way to make sure it is a better brand would be the pump and block in my experience you can get really pricey rads. that being said i don't bother because were are talking about a very little difference here. jmo

this is DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store pretty much in house water cooling dude great stuff at good prices you can't go wrong

if you just need help picking parts OK but the rest is really up to you ( blocks,rads,pumps ) the rest is what you like fittings and the what not
Old May 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
well then your looking at some pretty penny the only thing i would go outta of my way to make sure it is a better brand would be the pump and block in my experience you can get really pricey rads. that being said i don't bother because were are talking about a very little difference here. jmo

this is DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store pretty much in house water cooling dude great stuff at good prices you can't go wrong

if you just need help picking parts OK but the rest is really up to you ( blocks,rads,pumps ) the rest is what you like fittings and the what not
yeah I already made this list before posting this here it is:

tubing

clamps

90 Degree, Rotary fitting

High Flow Barb for 1/2 ID tubing (pack of 10)

reservoir

liquid

Water Pump

Triple Radiator - GELID PWM Fans Combo Special

cpu

gpu
Old May 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well those are all great parts . the only thing i might change is the block ( not because it's not good the block you picked is great ) it's just it's mounting is limited to just amd
I might go with something that is universal

EK-Supreme HF Performance- Full Nickel - Universal CPU Block EK-Supreme HF Performance- Full Nickel - Universal CPU Block [EK-Supreme HF - Full Copper Nick] - $87.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

DAZMODE Limited Edition EK Supreme (Classic) Full Nickel Block Limited Edition EK Supreme water block [EK-Supreme-Full Nickel] - $74.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

it just gives you more upgrade room if you think you might need it. jmo as always. glad to help if i can
Old May 19, 2010, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
well those are all great parts . the only thing i might change is the block ( not because it's not good the block you picked is great ) it's just it's mounting is limited to just amd
I might go with something that is universal

EK-Supreme HF Performance- Full Nickel - Universal CPU Block EK-Supreme HF Performance- Full Nickel - Universal CPU Block [EK-Supreme HF - Full Copper Nick] - $87.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

DAZMODE Limited Edition EK Supreme (Classic) Full Nickel Block Limited Edition EK Supreme water block [EK-Supreme-Full Nickel] - $74.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

it just gives you more upgrade room if you think you might need it. jmo as always. glad to help if i can
I don't think im going to go with intel unless they cut down there price to performance ratio...

but man its expensive:P almost an extra 800 if i i get the corsair 700d:/!! would these be all the parts i need to order also?
Old May 19, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

In first post you saying GTX480, but GPU link point to GTX275?

I recommend faster pump...4.0 or 655 with X-top.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 19, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes your good too go but like daz has said you can go with a better pump but i the difference is not gonna be much ( personal i would go with the 355/655 but that's just me ) switch your gpu block there are a few too pick from Buy nVidia GTX Video Card Water Blocks in Canada
Old May 19, 2010, 01:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
In first post you saying GTX480, but GPU link point to GTX275?

I recommend faster pump...4.0 or 655 with X-top.
ok so here:
gpu

Pump