Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default going below the dew point. I have questions

Ok well I have a few questions for the in house subzero guys/gals i have done all the reading i can do and i am not sure about one thing when insulating a socket using kneading eraser do i still have to use dialectic grease/Vaseline on the inside of the socket after reading 3oh6 guide from my understanding if done right it's not needed? source: my KingpinCooling.com F1EE insulation & prep - kingpincooling.com

1. I will be making a chiller to take me down to around to 0C is the hope. ( made from an old bar fridge )
2. will it be ok to use a gtz block or should i buy an all metal block like the new "ek hf block" Daz has.
3. from my understanding i will have to insulate all my lines and all. not a big deal when U see it you will understand. thanks fro any help at all. doing this to my 775 socket stuff time to turn and burn the 775 socket baby why cause it's cheap.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default lots off fans

set up fans that are there to cool but also fore air flow to keep mousture from colecting on the cold things.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i am really just unsure about using grease in the socket. ( I have a bunch of ultra kaze 3000 rpm ) thanks i am going to run a few test first gotta grab a temp probe my ir is ok but not perfect distance effects it a lot. thanks for any advice you guys can give me just looking to make this a safe venture.
Old May 16, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

short term paper towel industrial blue ones. Take a look at "3oh6" prep my KingpinCooling.com Dominance insulation & prep - kingpincooling.com
Old May 17, 2010, 05:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks for the link didn't find that one. blue paper towels it is
Old May 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
MVP

Gun cleaner should clean the cpu socket of the grease, if that is what you are worried about? The gun cleaner dries up with no residual on the board. Just use it outdoors when you clean the cpu socket out.

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy
Old May 17, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya i was kinda hoping to get away without it using it and i think if i read that right 3oh6 has never used it. just want to make sure it is possible to get away with out it. want to make sure i am not about to do something no one would do is all. by not using vaseline or grease?

I want to no if this has been done before and that i am not going into no-mans land is all. not looking to blame anyone if i kill it just want to make sure i can try to get away without grease

if i can avoid chemicals and crap but just have to pull stuff off is kinda what i hoping. hell if i have to i will do it all but it sounds like 3oh6 has real good success with just B/towels and kneading eraser is all.

Last edited by gingerbee; May 17, 2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:44 AM
MVP

Could always ask the guys over at EVGA Get it Colder II, they have used many colder cooling methods. Get it Colder (the original thread,) had 4790 posts.

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy