Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2010, 03:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Watercooling F@H Farm

Ok, I have a few things on order already and need to pick up a few more things.. but what i'm looking to do is watercool my folding farm.
Right now, I have an i7 860 (cpu1), i7 920 D0 (on the way, cpu2), Q9550 (cpu3) and two GTX 280 (w/ EVGA waterblocks)
I'm looking to basically mount the watercooling externally of the three cases / open air workbenches - and looking for some inspiration.

I have the res on order (from daz) and have one MCR320, and all the waterblocks (well.. we will say I have them, but don't need help picking those out) I have one MCP 655 coming from a HWC user.

Question - could I do a loop like this:
Pump > cpu1 > cpu2 > cpu3 > Rad > gpu1 > gpu2 > Rad #2 > Res > back to pump

it would all be one the same plain (as in, the same desk height) would the pump be enough to go through that many devices? I am unaware if there is a distance issue with the pump in a closed loop.
Failing that, i'll separate the GPU and CPU loops.

The second rad i'm thinking about getting is a Feser X-480.. that should do the trick.

Any hints or tips/tricks on what i'm looking to do would be helpful.. i'll have a build log in a few weeks when it's complete.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old April 30, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

I can not say I know for sure, but my gut feeling you will need second radiator with good fans for this, and possibly two pumps in series if restriction will be too high.

Push/pull fans on rads will help too (fans on both sides of radiator).
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 1, 2010, 09:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Should of just got one of these: MagiCool XTREME NOVA 1080 ( 9 X 120mm) Radiator Products Model: MC-XTREME1080 [MC-XTREME1080] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

But I'd say split up the GPU and CPU loops. Otherwise I think you'd need something stronger than the MCP655, probably some Iwaki pump.