Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Best case for watercooling? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/31484-best-case-watercooling.html)

medwes April 28, 2010 08:07 AM

Best case for watercooling?

Hi all
Iím reusing my TT Kandalf LCS case with aftermarket watercooling it is possible but very difficult to mod.
can any one tell me what can be the best case for watercooling to get all the stuff inside 3fans radiator, reservoir pump ...

I checked these:

TT Kandalf LCS (H,W,L): 540, 220, 640mm
Coolermaster Cosmos (H,W,L): 598, 266, 628mm
Corsair D800 (H,W,L): 609, 229, 609mm

What can be the best one to fit radiators pump fans inside without a lot of mod?
If you knew other cases please don't hesitate

gingerbee April 28, 2010 08:27 AM

haf 932 easiest case every to water cool. jmo

H2O April 28, 2010 08:29 AM

from your list ...... the Obsidian of course

Jackquelegs April 28, 2010 08:58 AM

From your list, the 800D since it came out 2-3 years after the other two.

However I recommend the following

Silverstone TJ07
Coolermaster HAF 932
Coolermaster ATCS 840
Mountain Mods in general

martin_metal_88 April 28, 2010 09:02 AM

in your list 800D but airflow is even low when watercooled -_- ATCS 840 is probably the best case out here for that or silverstone TJ-07 with a kama bay.

QuantumPion April 28, 2010 09:08 AM

I just built my first w/c with a Cosmos-S, the cable management isn't the best but otherwise it is working well enough.

The 800D is nice but costs twice as much as the Cosmos-S.

I'm not sure what the advantage of the haf-932 is over the cosmos-s.

Jackquelegs April 28, 2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuantumPion (Post 369898)
I just built my first w/c with a Cosmos-S, the cable management isn't the best but otherwise it is working well enough.

The 800D is nice but costs twice as much as the Cosmos-S.

I'm not sure what the advantage of the haf-932 is over the cosmos-s.

Just as much features + more, for less. Although it is very subjected to its looks

Dazmode April 28, 2010 09:40 AM

We still yet to see best case for WC. All mentioned above will work for WC mod.

I used HAF932 myself. It fits triple rad with 25mm fans on top without any problems, but you loose first two 5.25 bays (although some fan controllers will fit). It is cheap, but not painted inside. Same for Cosmos S.

AmuseMe April 28, 2010 11:19 AM

I love my TJ07 for watercooling. Can fit a quad and a double in just the bottom area. Requires a bit of nodding though.

miggs78 April 28, 2010 01:12 PM

HAF 932 can fit multiple rads in different areas.
Cosmos S is my next choice, I believe it is wider than the HAF 932, so you could fit a triple rad up top without worrying too much about the first couple 5 1/4" spots, with the HAF, a triple rad extends a bit inside so you'll loose one or two of those bays.

Like others have said, Silverstone TJ07, one of the best water cooling cases ever, it's few years old but it's still being used by many. Or you can say "the best a man can get" :p..

800D definitely a very good case, unfortunately out of the box, the air flow needs improvement, so you'll need fans that push more air, and might also need to change the direction the air blows on some fans too. Also if you're thinking of putting the pump in the lower compartment, it's probably the best thing that Corsair did, but it is a little tricky, it has been done my lots of people already, but it is still tricky, tube routing is what is tricky. But if you can afford, go for it.

The ATCS is also a very nice case, the sliding mobo tray is a big + to it, so if your mobo fails, then you can just disconnect everything from the mobo, and just pull it out, instead of unscrewing all the screws.

If you can still find a Tagan Black Pearl around, it's just a cheaper version of the Lian Li V2000, looks very similar to the TJ07 and also has enough space at the bottom to fit 2 rads at least, back lets say 6 months ago, the case was averaging around $230.

My choices in order of price (rough guessing off the top of my head) HAF 932, Cosmos S, ATCS, 800D, TJ07. I believe TJ07 is still above $300. Personally I would go for a Cosmos S, it's a very nice case really. Clean looks.. Awesome stuff.