Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2010, 10:58 AM
Top Prospect

Mountain Mods Extended Ascension. Before this, I had an HAF 932, and countless other different cases (like 7 different ones in the last 3 years)... For watercooling, the MM is the absolute BEST IMHO. :)

I was tired of cutting myself in cases that were supposed to be ''for watercooling'', but without enough space to work with. And I ALWAYS had to mod something! Always! But not anymore... :)

I have 3 triple rads, 2 loops, in mine. Even my 5970 looks small in there! There is enough place in there to put 4 other triple rads if I want to. And I can order new panels if need be for new standards later down the road.

Old April 29, 2010, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Do you blow air in or out?
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old April 29, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwes View Post
I don't think that the Mountain Mod is the best one just because it is very expensive or because you can fit more than 10 rad on it!! I think that it is made to do test more than to be a personal or gaming computer case in that way we can customise our own case for less money with exactly the need we want and I think it will cost less than 1200$ !!
In fact Iím looking for the best case that can handle normal water cooling to overclock and to play games.
It seems that the ATCS 840 is made for that but it is not attractive like the cosmos, even the D800 do not combine designee and efficiency
Mountain Mods is the best for watercooling because that is the single reason they are made - for watercooling.
Old April 29, 2010, 01:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't think that the Mountain Mod is the best one just because it is very expensive or because you can fit more than 10 rad on it!! I think that it is made to do test more than to be a personal or gaming computer case in that way we can customise our own case for less money with exactly the need we want and I think it will cost less than 1200$ !!
In fact Iím looking for the best case that can handle normal water cooling to overclock and to play games.
It seems that the ATCS 840 is made for that but it is not attractive like the cosmos, even the D800 do not combine designee and efficiency

The main reason MM's are real expensive is because they are made of nothing but Aluminum. also the fact that they are completely customized to your needs.

Take a look at the CYO Picker here MountainMods.com - FLASH CYO-PICKER

You will see the greatness of building your own case from these guys

EDIT: Also, don't forget about their Hyper modular design and ability to buy new side panels in the future if needed.

Last edited by Keltron 3030; April 29, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I found that this case is pretty much close to the MM , Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case - Extreme Water Cooled Edition Products Model: PC-343B-WCE [PC-343B-WCE] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case - Extreme Water Cooled Edition
Old May 2, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I found that this case is pretty much close to the MM , Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case - Extreme Water Cooled Edition Products Model: PC-343B-WCE [PC-343B-WCE] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case - Extreme Water Cooled Edition
Ill tell you right now that when ordering a case of that size, PPC will only ship with UPS, as USPS wont ship something that size. PPC called me about that once, and I got nailed with custom fees. Or you can order UPS Wordwide for something like $100, and not pay the fees. Either way, the price will hurt you on shipping.

Look for the case locally, and get your own part