Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2010, 02:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you can afford it, I highly reccommend Mountain Mods. Look into their UFO line of cases, or just customize one on their CYO-Picker. Quite possibly one of the best cases to WC in, next to their Ascension line-up.
Old April 28, 2010, 04:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The ATCS 840 is pretty much plug and play as it comes for watercooling.. comes with a bracket to mount a 3 fan rad to the top of the case. You can put another 2 fan rad at the bottom, and a 2-or-3 mounted on the back. I know a guy has one in the for sale thread for $100, which imo is a steal. It'll cost a bit for shipping (as with any of these full tower cases)
For looks, I'd go with the Corsair 800D, cause I think it looks better.. but that's all personal preference.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
If you can afford it, I highly reccommend Mountain Mods. Look into their UFO line of cases, or just customize one on their CYO-Picker. Quite possibly one of the best cases to WC in, next to their Ascension line-up.
They are built for watercooling, and also built to burn a hole in your wallet. Liu just spent $1200.00 on his. $1200, on a case! Hope you dont mind me saying that Kang.
Old April 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
They are built for watercooling, and also built to burn a hole in your wallet. Liu just spent $1200.00 on his. $1200, on a case! Hope you dont mind me saying that Kang.
Yeah. They are extremely expensive new. But, $330 for a used MM U2UFO Horizon isn't too bad. (Thanks again MPG!)
Put it this way. A case may be very expensive now, but if you buy something like a TJ07, or more so a Mountain Mods, you most likely won't ever need a new case, although you might want one.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 28, 2010, 10:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Yeah. They are extremely expensive new. But, $330 for a used MM U2UFO Horizon isn't too bad. (Thanks again MPG!)
Put it this way. A case may be very expensive now, but if you buy something like a TJ07, or more so a Mountain Mods, you most likely won't ever need a new case, although you might want one.
Right now I am in a TJ07, and chances are I won't ever switch cases.

Well, the original question was "what is the best watercooling case". Truthfully, it is going to be a Mountain Mod Ascension+ Pedistal. You can pack more than 10 tripple rads in those things.
Old April 28, 2010, 10:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have a MountainMods Ascension duality and 2 Thermochill radiators for sale. Where you can get a whole lot for a lot less! I am local to you too, check it out -> http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ill-combo.html
Old April 28, 2010, 11:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Well, the original question was "what is the best watercooling case". Truthfully, it is going to be a Mountain Mod Ascension+ Pedistal. You can pack more than 10 tripple rads in those things.
Heh, so true. I PMed the OP about selling him my TJ07 since I bought it in the heat of the moment (damn your prices RealityShift!)
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 28, 2010, 11:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I don't think that the Mountain Mod is the best one just because it is very expensive or because you can fit more than 10 rad on it!! I think that it is made to do test more than to be a personal or gaming computer case in that way we can customise our own case for less money with exactly the need we want and I think it will cost less than 1200$ !!
In fact Iím looking for the best case that can handle normal water cooling to overclock and to play games.
It seems that the ATCS 840 is made for that but it is not attractive like the cosmos, even the D800 do not combine designee and efficiency
Old April 29, 2010, 01:24 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

You should visit MountainMods web site. They have many different models to choose from and, they are better for water cooling than all the cases you listed.

It also seems you might have a good thing going with lpfan4ever's offer.

I have not had the need to mod my case to fit any water cooling into it but, from what I can see of the choices you listed, the TJ07 seems like it'll be a simpler case to work with.
Old April 29, 2010, 04:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
That case still treating you well? Good to hear.

As already said by others, it's pretty hard to beat the Mountain Mod cases when you're trying to fit a large amount of watercooling equipment inside. Lots of cases will handle a triple radiator, but once you start trying to get a second triple in there, multiple pumps, larger reservoirs, 1/2" tubing, plus everything else... the number of viable options thins out pretty quickly. And as a side bonus, a giant cube on your desktop is a great conversation starter

But if you're not going overboard, than quite a few of the Coolermaster cases will handle a triple radiator and standard equipment without too much trouble.