Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2010, 08:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
No I didn't mean you need poor water into part. I tried to say that when water start going trough the system you get air pockets here and there and you need to run system for few hours to get rid of air taht needs to be trapped only in your reservoir. Shaking and tilting case helps speed up the proces.
Ahh... i c.... that's true... the tubes used to have air bubbles... now it's solid... so... does the res needs to be filled above the "slope" thingy? wouldn;t air bubbles trapped in the corner there? or do i have to tilt it at an angle?
Old May 7, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

After day or two it will all gone. I just have no patience at all, so I "help" with tilting computer randomly and tapping on radiator, slowing down and accelerating pump, squishing tube.... That is just my voodoo-magic ritual, not a standard procedure by any means.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 7, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
After day or two it will all gone. I just have no patience at all, so I "help" with tilting computer randomly and tapping on radiator, slowing down and accelerating pump, squishing tube.... That is just my voodoo-magic ritual, not a standard procedure by any means.
Yes it is i do it all the time hell got my last water cooled oc computer setup just yesterday and it took a whole 6 hours testing and all. and at op yes i run my setup and it's just me cause like you i fear heat

res-pump-rad-cpu block-res
Old May 10, 2010, 07:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
LOL... yeah i saw your youtube video for filling ... i saw you squeeze the tubes while you fill.. i think i did it too.ahhaa i didnt listen to the video cz i was at work at that time... now the bubbles are gone and they are quiet!! haha... which btw Daz, check your PM, i want to order some parts from you and start to build my first watercooling!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
Yes it is i do it all the time hell got my last water cooled oc computer setup just yesterday and it took a whole 6 hours testing and all. and at op yes i run my setup and it's just me cause like you i fear heat

res-pump-rad-cpu block-res
ahh cool cool... i willl try that looop!
Old May 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

hey guys,

what do you guys to cut those tubing? Daz recommended garden pliers? i bought this bypass prune from canadian tire and tried to cut some unused tube (1/2" ID 3/4" OD), but they came out not straight, i tried couple of times and same result...

Got this one:

Fiskars Power-Lever Bypass Pruner | Canadian Tire
Old May 19, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just use tube cutter there about 5 bucks from any hardware store. http://www.traderscity.com/board/use...e-cutter-1.jpg
when you water cool as much as i do these things save so much time.
better pic always straight cuts too never had a bad cut at all. 3 water cooled systems this month on top of my two.
Attached Images

Last edited by gingerbee; May 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
I just use tube cutter there about 5 bucks from any hardware store. http://www.traderscity.com/board/use...e-cutter-1.jpg
oh.. thanks.... i tried to search it in canadian tire and these came up....
tube cutter Search results | Canadian Tire

Doesnt look like the one in the pic you showed me though...
Old May 19, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya canadiantire does not seem to carry it i think because they don't sell vinyl tubing by the foot what your looking for is vinyl tubing cutters any hardware store that sells tubing by the foot will have them. hope it helps
Old May 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
ya canadiantire does not seem to carry it i think because they don't sell vinyl tubing by the foot what your looking for is vinyl tubing cutters any hardware store that sells tubing by the foot will have them. hope it helps
... i c... so is this ok? this is the cheapest i could find in homedepot/home hardware/rona... 7bucks....
Home Hardware Product Details

Thanks a lot man!
Old May 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Try $40 garden players, not $10 ... big difference.
HTPC Build: Final Video