Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Home Depot sells 1/2 PVC tube in plumbing section. More likely Canadian Tire has it too. Not sure if that cheap option...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mo_t View Post
***update***

Someone here in HWC wants to trade his watercooling gear for my eVGA 780i + cash... he just sent me his swiftech 320, 655 speed-controllable, swiftech res (v1, no hole at the bottom), swiftech apogee gt, DD CPX-1. I wont be using the cpu block, but i want to test the rad,res, and 655 first.. is it ok if i just loop them and see if there's any leak or something? Do i really need to get a tubing or garden hose would be fine? Does canadian tire sells 1/2" ID garden hose?

Thanks guys
I personally would just make a closed loop with the tubing you will be using for water cooling. Just make the pump push through all the componants (outside the case!) and see if there are any leaks. Just use distilled water
Old May 5, 2010, 12:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Home Depot sells 1/2 PVC tube in plumbing section. More likely Canadian Tire has it too. Not sure if that cheap option...
thanks Daz.. PM'd ya
Old May 5, 2010, 12:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I personally would just make a closed loop with the tubing you will be using for water cooling. Just make the pump push through all the componants (outside the case!) and see if there are any leaks. Just use distilled water
Yah... i think i will be doing res->pump->rad->res.. will that be fine?
Old May 5, 2010, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yep, just make sure the res is above the pump, so that gravity fills it, you don't want to turn on a dry pump.
Old May 7, 2010, 08:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimx133 View Post
Yep, just make sure the res is above the pump, so that gravity fills it, you don't want to turn on a dry pump.
gotcha!

anyway, i m testing it for leaks now and i was wondering if i do the loop correct? see pic below.

and why is there still bubble when i turn off the pump?? is this normal?

Last edited by t_mo_t; May 7, 2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old May 7, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Air was trapped in pump. That si why you bleed system in teh beginning to get rid of all trapped air in pump a, blocks and radiator.
Old May 7, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there's not really a wrong order as long as your res feeds your pump your fine. I like to run from rad to hottest block first but that's just me
Old May 7, 2010, 07:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Air was trapped in pump. That si why you bleed system in teh beginning to get rid of all trapped air in pump a, blocks and radiator.
Daz... what do you mean? i thought the rad,res and pump were empty before i start pouring liquid in?? so you mean i have to pour liquid in, then bleed them out, then fill it back? now it's not showing the air gap when i turn off the pump though, cz i put more water in the res (3/4 full)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
there's not really a wrong order as long as your res feeds your pump your fine. I like to run from rad to hottest block first but that's just me
hummm yeah that's what i wanted too.... get the water straight from the rad when the water is the most cooled... i m just afraid that the "heat" from the pump and the "heated" trapped air in the res would make the water less cool... HAHA but i guess that is not how it works?? so you are suggesting rad->block->res->pump? will that work too?
Old May 7, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

No I didn't mean you need poor water into part. I tried to say that when water start going trough the system you get air pockets here and there and you need to run system for few hours to get rid of air taht needs to be trapped only in your reservoir. Shaking and tilting case helps speed up the proces.