Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartner View Post
But I'm not seeing the power draw doubling going to 24V...
Well, we're even then, cos I think I was looking at setting 5, not setting 4.

My own experience (and many other people's) with fans says that 95% of their ratings are complete BS, so don't concentrate too hard on the manufacturers specs. There still isn't a standardized way of measuring noise levels that different manufacturers share, remember. But as for the Koolance fans specifically, the few that I've owned have actually been pretty decent. Obnoxious at full rpm, but they seem to quiet down faster than most once you start under-volting them, and do well in the sub-5V range, should you go that far. So I imagine they'll do alright for you, if you're familiar with other fans in that rpm-range.
Old April 20, 2010, 10:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well I started pricing things out and this got rather expensive, rather quickly. So I'm gonna have to make some sacrifices...

I'm going to run 3/8" on the CPU/GPU loop cause I have a whole mess of fittings and tubing readily available so I won't need to buy any of those... I'm also going to put off the shroud cause it's just cosmetic anyway.

Fans, I'll use a stack of other 'CoolTron' fans that I have which should do the job. they are 38mm thick, but what the heck.

I've found the Koolance CPU-360 and the Typhoon III for quite a nice price on DirectCanada.com, but haven't been able to find anywhere in canada that still sells the HWLabs GTX series radiators... anyone know of a place that sells these? Alternatively, I may look at getting a Feser One from Dazmode.

I have a single 120mm rad from Koolance with integrated 3/8" barbs that I'll use for the chipset loop instead of getting a new rad for that. Before anyone jumps on the whole copper/aluminum mix arguement, I'm well aware and the coolant that I plan to use has additives that keep reaction under control.

I'm still trying to figure out what block to put on the GPU, I've seen the full coverage Swiftech Stealth Rev 2, which says it works for an Nvidia 8800, but I'm not sure if it will fit the GTS 640. Anyone know? Alternatively I was looking at the Enzotech VGA-IB and some stick on HS for the ram etc. Are those any good?

Thanks!
Old April 20, 2010, 08:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Does anyone have experience with the Swiftech Stealth (Rev 2)? Is it any good? Swiftech Stealth REV.2 NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GPU/MEMORY Water Block 1/2IN G1/4 Barb Fittings - DirectCanada

Does it come packaged with anything for the Mosfets? Like these? Swiftech MC21 Aluminum Heatsinks for 8800 Mosfets and Other APPLICATIONS. - DirectCanada

Thanks!
Old April 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
Trial Member

Default Koolance Fan Kuriosity

I have been contemplating lately as to how I could lower my CPU core temp and I discovered the Koolance FAN-12025HBK . As from what i have found is that these fans are popularly used for radiators in H2O setups. I however, plan on using these fans for my TEC and radiator setup (Cooler Master V10). I want as much air as possible and the stock fan that pushes air through the rad fins is rated at 90 CFM and 2.43mm H20 static pressure. Now are these Koolance fans that are rated at 107.6 CFM 5.4mm-H2O the best 120x25mm fan out there that can move this much air, or is there something better? The dba rating of this fan is 30 but it will be going into an Antec 1200 with 6 fans @ 100% 24/7 and I'm not too worried about noise (however, if there is another fan that moves this much air and is quieter please let me know!) unless the radiator fins will make it scream over the rest of the case. I am hoping that by posting in this recent thread that we can answer these questions and help both the OP and I as we are both interested in the same fan for similar purposes. I'm hoping to get my i7 920 stable around 4.0-4.2Ghz at under 74C. Can't wait to hear back from you guys as that graph is almost impossible to read with so many over lapping lines, not to mention that 25 and 38 mm fans are jumbled together. I'd love a 120x38mm fan for my radiator but it only has space for 120x25. Thanks in advance.
Old April 23, 2010, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

I was pleased with FAN-12025HBK performance I was used 3 of them for a while, but I have San Aces fever now....and nothing else looks good for me.
HTPC Build: Final Video