Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2010, 08:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the aluminum. Copper core, check. But truck rad? Do smaller rads not exist with copper tubing? I'll harass my local scrapper tomorrow.
Geo cooling?? That's certainly a step further. Intriguing concept, but vastly above me right now. When using such.. innovative methods I think I'd try something using a compressor first.. But again, out of my league, budget, available space and I don't think compressors are too silent
PS. That's certainly the endeavor from zzlee. Good god, that's a work load.
Old April 12, 2010, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Read other stuff

There is about 6 Amazinig Threads on his set up and how it Evoled Car rad, two geo systems, air conditoiner, thermal plate and more just amaizing.

( not trying to hijack this thread I do think it is all on topic)
Old April 12, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Air conditoners are quit

If they are not in the same building as you Realy thogh with a car rad you can run pipes to anouther room like the basment and put the pump doun there to. The thread I psted is Extreem but he started out at a simalar Idea. He lives in the southern US and did not want the heat in his house in the summer. He heats his house with his computer in the winter. with a car rad and two fans.

Take a look at this one he has in his shead Ok, I'm Chilled. I'm Chilled. Relax....56K Warning! - XtremeSystems Forums
Old April 13, 2010, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Clone63 was thinking passive with truck rad and no fans or try a motorcycle rad for smaller size but need a fan.

if want to chilled use an old A/C unit and tank the evap with plexi glass and aquarium silicone to seal, for fluid use PG anti-freeze (pet safe type) mixed 50/50 =-37c

as to the geo-cooling its rad is tubes burried under ground for the earth is cooler (stationary set-up)
Old April 13, 2010, 10:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I knew what you meant by geo cooling, though I know very little about ac units..
I'm thinking if I can somehow find cheap copper core rads that aren't huge, just stack 2 of them for passive, and maybe a 20cm+fan for overhaulin' on a low speed. Even a slower silent fan still helps immensely with temps... If laptop work has taught me anything lol.