Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As for the RMA, I don't really know but I believe the warranty on the H50 is 2 years.

Yup I was right:
Quote:
Cooling Products

Corsair Cooling™ (Models CWCH50, CAFA70, and CAFA50) have a 2 year warranty.
Found here: Welcome to Corsair :: Warranty

Last edited by ipaine; May 14, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:25 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Occasionally it is like a ticking sound. It's happened twice after running my sytem for about 4 day s straight. I reboot and it's gone.
Old May 15, 2010, 05:52 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Can you RMA for that if that does end up happening to the unit? What is the warranty like on the H50 anyways??? ...
Interesting question. TBH I have no idea. It doesnt really effect performance just is annoying as all hell. All I can say is...if it happens phone em up. Corsair is a very good company to deal with. CoolIT is better, but Corsair really are great too. ;)

Sorry RBA, but not a clue. If its air...the sound would still be there afterwards. It may come and go as the bubble moves around...but it never just stops 'cause you rebooted! Are you sure its coming from the H50 and not the mobo. When it happens again, unplug the pump (only for a second or two....dont want to fry anything!). Does it go away?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 15, 2010, 07:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Interesting question. TBH I have no idea. It doesnt really effect performance just is annoying as all hell. All I can say is...if it happens phone em up. Corsair is a very good company to deal with. CoolIT is better, but Corsair really are great too. ;)

Sorry RBA, but not a clue. If its air...the sound would still be there afterwards. It may come and go as the bubble moves around...but it never just stops 'cause you rebooted! Are you sure its coming from the H50 and not the mobo. When it happens again, unplug the pump (only for a second or two....dont want to fry anything!). Does it go away?
I've had a unit like that once, the air bubble trapped inside was making a distinctive noise similar to a HDD head seeking sound. I RMAed it to Ncix the next day and got a silent H50.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:35 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Ok RMA is one option, I'll poke around inside the case if the noise starts again while the system is running to see if it something else. Artistpavel described the noise better than I did. Right now it's running silent. Worse case i replace stock cooler and RMA H50 to Corsair. At least there is a two year warrenty on the unit.
Old August 26, 2010, 06:05 PM
Top Prospect

Default I know this may be a lame question but I have to ask it

Has anyone tried attaching a h50 to there motherboard with the mounting bracket from their previous cooler....

I'm using a lian li pc 7b-plus II case with a ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa, which has a very stable mounting system, and it seems to me just by looking that the mounting pins that go through the motherboard, are always a hair above being flush with the motherboard, and a lot of them seem to use the same threads for the screws so.... given the fact my motherboard tray is not removable, I'd rather just screw the h50 into the zalmans mounting bracket on the back of the motherboard.... instead of ripping my motherboard out of my case////
Intel Core i5-750 2.66Ghz @ 4Ghz, ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws cas7, WDC 1Tb WD1001FALS, WDC 640Gb WD6400AAKS, OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB, GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5, Corsair Hydro H70, LG GH24NS50 DVD 24x Burner, Antec Eleven Hundred, Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W, Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...osmond/1-1.jpg
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...benchmarks.jpg
Old August 26, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not really the right thread to put this in but, I'm not sure what kind of mounting system the Zalman uses but I doubt it. If you look in the H50 instructions the way it mounts is there is a circle ring with notches in it and you stick the pump/block underneath it and line up the notches in the ring with the ones on the pump/block and then tighten the ring with screws IIRC (only installed it once...) So I highly doubt it but if it looks like you can, try it I guess?
Old August 27, 2010, 07:40 PM
Top Prospect

Default hmmmm

I never meant to imply I would try using the zalmans top mounting bracket in place of corsairs , meaning the retainer loop thingy with the metal teeth... I meant the part that's on the back of the motherboard which has pins that go through the motherboard allowing the cpu cooler to be screwed down on top of the cpu... I might only be guessing but all of those mother board back plate pins seem to be nearly flush with the motherboard, and all seem to be the same size, or else they cannot fit through the holes on the motherboard. In the past I've successfully mounted coolers from one company with back plates from another will no hassle, and so I think the screw threads "should be the same" ....and if so it saves me the hassle of dismantling my case and removing the motherboard...
Intel Core i5-750 2.66Ghz @ 4Ghz, ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws cas7, WDC 1Tb WD1001FALS, WDC 640Gb WD6400AAKS, OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB, GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5, Corsair Hydro H70, LG GH24NS50 DVD 24x Burner, Antec Eleven Hundred, Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W, Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...osmond/1-1.jpg
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...benchmarks.jpg