Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   CPU heatsink supgrade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/3049-cpu-heatsink-supgrade.html)

mattydies October 25, 2007 10:05 PM

CPU heatsink supgrade

I currently have a Arctic Freezer Pro 7 for my E6600.

I am looking for an upgrage.

Cooling ability is the first concern. Being quiet would be the second concern, and price is the third.

Any recomendations?

Matty

Apollo4g October 25, 2007 10:52 PM

Here are some good ones:
Scythe Ninja Plus REV.B Heatpipe Fanless Heatsink

Thermaltake CL-P0114 Big Typhoon

Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme 6 Heatpipe Cooler

Noctua NH-U12F

And if you want extreme:

Coolermaster GeminII Copper Aluminum 6 Heatpipe Cooler

:thumb:

BALISTX October 26, 2007 07:19 AM

Matty, I'm selling Scythe Ninja Rev. B. Take a look at the thread http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...nja-rev-b.html

enaberif October 26, 2007 08:08 AM

Out of all those the only two that are really worth mentioning is the Ninja and Ultra and the other one is the Sunbeam Tuniq.

The Noctua comes with a crappy fan that doesn't work to sell with the heatsink, the typhoon is just a beast and you can get something smaller and works better, and the Gemini II is just.... dumb.

Make sure whatever case you have can fit them tho as these heatsinks are massive.

SKYMTL October 26, 2007 08:30 AM

Personally, I would buy the Ninja that Balistx is selling.

Empty_Quarter October 26, 2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 23962)
Out of all those the only two that are really worth mentioning is the Ninja and Ultra and the other one is the Sunbeam Tuniq.

... and the Gemini II is just.... dumb.

I agree, I'm not really a fan of the cooler master gemini II, it takes up alot of space for not much performance cooling. The Thermalright Ultra 120 IMO is the best of those picks, and depending on whether you decide to run it fanless or with a quiet fan, you can control its silence, Only downside is its not cheap (especially since it doesnt come with the fan). If anything, you could check out ULTRA 120 Extreme's little brother the ultima-90, same concept as the ultra-120, just much smaller and uses a 92mm fan or even a 120mm fan, performance is just around the Tuniq Tower I'd say. The Tuniq Tower is a good cooler as well.

I would recommend the gemini II only if the case has horrible ventilation and NB/memory would be needing air to be cirulated.

enaberif October 26, 2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empty_Quarter (Post 23975)
I agree, I'm not really a fan of the cooler master gemini II, it takes up alot of space for not much performance cooling. The Thermalright Ultra 120 IMO is the best of those picks, and depending on whether you decide to run it fanless or with a quiet fan, you can control its silence, Only downside is its not cheap (especially since it doesnt come with the fan). If anything, you could check out ULTRA 120 Extreme's little brother the ultima-90, same concept as the ultra-120, just much smaller and uses a 92mm fan or even a 120mm fan, performance is just around the Tuniq Tower I'd say. The Tuniq Tower is a good cooler as well.

I would recommend the gemini II only if the case has horrible ventilation and NB/memory would be needing air to be cirulated.

I like the idea that it doesn't come with a fan because its a true enthusiast cpu cooler and enthusiasts want every little bit of control of their system and that includes the fans they trust or wish to use.

mattydies October 28, 2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 23964)
Personally, I would buy the Ninja that Balistx is selling.

IF I had checked back on my post in time I would have.

I just checked it for the first time since I posted. (8 pm Sunday oct 28th.)

Thanks for the in information guys :)

I am debating between the Ninja, the Ultra, and the Tuniq.

I will be deciding and ordering this week.

Thanks again

Matty

enaberif October 28, 2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattydies (Post 24213)
IF I had checked back on my post in time I would have.

I just checked it for the first time since I posted. (8 pm Sunday oct 28th.)

Thanks for the in information guys :)

I am debating between the Ninja, the Ultra, and the Tuniq.

I will be deciding and ordering this week.

Thanks again

Matty

You honestly can't go wrong with any of those 3 and it will come down to personal preference and cost because all 3 work VERY VERY good at what they are supposed to do.

Btw I run the tuniq.

Song November 2, 2007 04:24 PM

Hey guys, the Scythe Ninja, is it much good with the stock cooler?