Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
Top Prospect

Default Some Old W/C Hardware...

Hey guys, I have some pretty old w/c hardware lying around and am wondering if you can help me figure out what to do with it...

I picked up this stuff a looong time ago, set it up temporarily, ran into some problems, took it off and haven't touched it since. I have a rad, pump and reservoir that I plan on keeping and possibly using in an upcoming build.

Then I have two more pieces that might be totally obsolete.
1- a PolarFlo TT CPU block. It came with a 'universal' bracket, which for some reason isn't LGA775 compatible. I got a friend of mine to help me create some extensions for the bracket to fit the 775 socket, however they are kinda sketchy. Can't find just the 775 bracket anywhere and the company went the way of the dodo bird.
2- a DangerDen Maze4 GPU block. It's... old. I'm rusty on the w/c scene now but I'm guessing it's not compatible with much nowadays. However might still fit my aging X1950 Pro...

So, anything I can do with what I have? I'm planning on upgrading my PC soon.. either starting an i7/i5 build from scratch or just upgrading my graphics and OCing my CPU, and I'd like to if possible make use of at least the PolarFlo TT.
And on the side, any CPU blocks out there compatible with all three LGA775/1156/1366?
Old March 26, 2010, 01:37 PM

My System Specs

The PowerFlo is a really old block. Most good air coolers will beat it out. Actually same goes w/ the Maze 4. Your best bet it to just toss them both, as they won't do good w/ the heat output of modern hardware.