Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2007, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkellyBonez View Post
But does it come with a window? That is what I was really looking for when I went for my 900 or else I would have gone for the Antec P182 se. Everything will fit in the 900 except the rad in my case but I measured everything at least twice and changed things along the way. Definately make sure that ATX cable is long enough, I almost had to go buy a new one. I wanted to run it behind the motherboard but it was just a little too short, it put too much stress on the motherboard plug. I posted the pics in this thread.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-thread-3.html

Also jdrom17 the smart coils really do help and I have never used Tygon tubing but the 7/16 tube I used on my 1/2 fittings worked great and only needed the smart coils on extreme bends. Smart coils are cheap and Tygon is really expensive.
No it does not, but it takes about 5 minutes of time to put a window into any case ;)
Old October 21, 2007, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

And it is butt ugly too. I'd take the 900 anyday over it. As for outperforming it, that is quite the claim. I fail to see how a case can outperform another with enough of a margin to make any difference. I have modded atleast 8-9 cases myself of various sizes for airflow and looks and out of the box the 900 is nearly perfect. You may like your case better but that does not make it wrong and I don't believe your claims of performance.
Old October 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
But does it come with a window? That is what I was really looking for when I went for my 900 or else I would have gone for the Antec P182 se. Everything will fit in the 900 except the rad in my case but I measured everything at least twice and changed things along the way. Definately make sure that ATX cable is long enough, I almost had to go buy a new one. I wanted to run it behind the motherboard but it was just a little too short, it put too much stress on the motherboard plug. I posted the pics in this thread.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-thread-3.html

Also jdrom17 the smart coils really do help and I have never used Tygon tubing but the 7/16 tube I used on my 1/2 fittings worked great and only needed the smart coils on extreme bends. Smart coils are cheap and Tygon is really expensive.
Ah, nice work. I'm thinking a t-line would probably be better space wise and it looks like you put a fill port on the top under the rubber mat thing? Any reason for mounting the rad like that since isn't that kinda worse for bleeding? I was just going to drill 2 new holes above the 120mm rear fan and use the rubber things that came with it.

(Can we not argue about cases, everyone can have their own opinion)
Old October 21, 2007, 08:34 PM
MVP

very nice.... whats the black plug for that goes to the back of the case..... also I didnt see a reservoir anywhere..... in your opinion, if you had 2 gpu's, is there room to watercool them both and not effect the power supply... i mean,,, hoses getting in the way?? i was thinking of going completely outside, I have a bigger PSU, takes up more room........ but you give me great hope!!!!

also... whats the thing thats behind the pump in the bay??? looks like a power supply?? also, theres a switch infront of the case.....????? thanks...
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid

Last edited by frosty; October 21, 2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old October 21, 2007, 11:42 PM
Rookie

The "T" line does end at a fill port under my rubber mat and it is the only reservoire that I could get to fit. That is a great idea for the rad because mine was super hard to bleed and it would put less turns in the hose. I may try that when it comes to upgrade time or if something bad (we will tell my wife it was an accident) should happen to my double rad, 2 singles would be perfect :).

The black plug (taken from an old dead PS) at the back of the case is for the power cord for the second PS which is turned on buy the main power supply and a relay. The small PS is a FSP micro atx 300 W and measures just 5" wide X 2.5" tall X 4" deep. It runs the pump, fans and UV light. My main PS is only 520 W so I didn't want to push it adding the pump and this seemed like a cool idea to try.

You could do 2 GPUs fairly easy in my setup I have room for a tight turn from the bottom GPU or you could get a 90 deg elbow to thread into the bottom card but any sharp turns restricts flow so you would have to consider that. The switch on the front is another part from an old dead PS and it turns the UV light on and off. Much better, and acessable, than the small switch that mounts to one of the slots at the back.
Old October 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Fairly easy to drill that hole? Did you remove the top and drill the plastic and metal separate or just drilled through it all in one go?
Old October 22, 2007, 09:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Fairly easy to drill that hole? Did you remove the top and drill the plastic and metal separate or just drilled through it all in one go?
It wasn't so bad I measured my DVD rom to make sure I had clearance and then took the plastic top off. Careful there are two screws in the middle and the two front clips are not acessable with fingers. I had to slide a flat head screw driver in to release them (I have read of people breaking them off). I drilled the metal case first then refitted the plastic top, double checked to see where the hole would end up, then used the metal hole as a pilot for drilling the plastic. Oh and the drill piece is a 1" bi-metal hole saw I bought at Canadian tire for under $20.
Old October 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It wasn't so bad I measured my DVD rom to make sure I had clearance and then took the plastic top off. Careful there are two screws in the middle and the two front clips are not acessable with fingers. I had to slide a flat head screw driver in to release them (I have read of people breaking them off). I drilled the metal case first then refitted the plastic top, double checked to see where the hole would end up, then used the metal hole as a pilot for drilling the plastic. Oh and the drill piece is a 1" bi-metal hole saw I bought at Canadian tire for under $20.
Yeah I've taken the top off already as I had to paint the inside. I didn't break the front clips even though I just pulled up hard and it came off after releasing the back tabs and screws. I don't put my DVD-RW in the top bay anyways, so that's not an issue.
Old November 1, 2007, 05:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well if somebody could give me some comments on the follow part list, that would be great

D-TEK Customs Fuzion CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN Barbs - DirectCanada
Swiftech MCR220-QP-RES Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator & Integrated Reservoir G1/4 - DirectCanada
D-TEK Customs DB-1 12V Micro Silent Water Cooling Pump 1/2" G1/4 Barb Fittings - DirectCanada
Clearflex 60 Tubing 3/8IN ID 5/8IN OD 10 Feet - DirectCanada
Danger Den G1/4 to 3/8IN High Flow Barb Chrome Fittings (2 Pack) - DirectCanada
Swiftech Hydrx Water Additive Coolant 2 oz Bottle - DirectCanada
Swiftech Adjustable Black Hose Clamps for 3/8IN Tubing (2 Pack) - DirectCanada
Swiftech MCB-120 Radbox Revision 2 Black - DirectCanada
Swiftech Smartcoils 625 Blue - DirectCanada
Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM Quiet Cooling Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB 3PIN & 4PIN Sleeve Bearing Oem - DirectCanada

The pump is really the only thing I'm concerned with. It's either the dB-1 or the MCP355 since I think 3/8" tubing would be better than 1/2" for my case.

Also that radiator has an integrated reservoir which is quite appealing to me as that saves a ton of space. I assume the loop would have to be like: rad > pump > block?

And I'd probably buy from NCIX and just price match as Linus has provided me with help before.
Old November 1, 2007, 06:58 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You're good to go! Can't wait to see the integrated rad / res. As for the pump, I will never use 1/2" tubing and the MCP655. Don't get me wrong, they're good. But I'm cooling my 1st Quad (3.6Ghz) using the MCP355 - 3/8" tubing and it works great (~55C).

John