Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default New OCZ HydroJet CPU Cooler Prototype!

"Here's a fresh new look at the long awaited OCZ HydroJet CPU cooler. The new prototype looks different from the first version. HydroJet will be a cylindrical CPU cooler with a radial fan. It will have aluminum fins with several aluminum heat-pipes. What is unique about this cooler is that it has an attached pump with a closed water cooling system (the black portion between the copper base and the cooler body on picture 3). The base is made of copper with carbon nano-tubes in the middle."

Source: techPowerUp! News :: New OCZ HydroJet CPU Cooler Prototype Pictured

Old October 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm quite interested in this assuming it does what it says. If anybody finds some temps please post them. If it can beat a full out watercooling setup for less money, I'd surely get one.
Old October 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I'm quite interested in this assuming it does what it says. If anybody finds some temps please post them. If it can beat a full out watercooling setup for less money, I'd surely get one.
LoL i really doubt that! Some comments on this are not looking good at all.

Old October 20, 2007, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

That thing looks big and bulky and I can't see it working to well.
Old October 20, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Typical OCZ too. Make some big claims on performance, promise a working product soon and then it never really appears. Even if it does actually ever make it to market *** COUGH *** CRYO-Z *** COUGH *** it looks like it will hardly outperform good air cooling, never mind a good water loop. Nice try OCZ, but another BIG SWING AND A MISS!!!!!!!!!!

Stick to ram and PSU's please! Even the PSU's have been suffering some quality issues as of late.
Old October 21, 2007, 12:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

The worthwhile point, in my books, was the carbon nanotube base. From what I've seen, the technology promises far better heat conduction than copper, which might actually makes OCZ's "400 Watt" claims feasible. Although considering that they were promising huge cooling capacity with extremely low noise levels, skepticism is obviously warranted... Especially considering that OCZ's last two heatsinks were nothing more than re-badged versions of established products.

Even if the product turns out to be bunk, the Canbon nanotube technology has apparently shown promise. Anything that can pull heat away from a core faster than copper - without being obscenely expensive - is a good thing in my books.
Old October 21, 2007, 12:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

I'm gonna buy one of these if they are released just for giggles.