Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2010, 04:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I couldn't care less about Furmark temps. They simply aren't realistic and just put unnecessary stress on the card IMO.
Old March 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I couldn't care less about Furmark temps. They simply aren't realistic and just put unnecessary stress on the card IMO.
(+1) No doubt. I find it pointless to do someting like that, but at the same time, it really shows how good your cooling set-up is.
Old March 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
(+1) No doubt. I find it pointless to do someting like that, but at the same time, it really shows how good your cooling set-up is.
Well I'm not here to set any records

I just like my PC to be quiet, which it is, and it runs cooler than stock. No doubt my temps would be worse than most seeing as I only have 1450RPM Gentle Typhoons on my radiator...
Old March 24, 2010, 05:48 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
I was not asking for ''records''. LOL! You were talking about your temps, but gaming is not really pushing your card and waterblock. If you really want to see what your cooling system can do, and to see if you did install your block properly, then Furmark is a good indication of how your system would react to extreme conditions, and evaluate your block seating. That's all.

Since you were not sure of how to install the EK block properly, my suggestion to use Furmark, instead of gaming, was to help you really test your installation. Nothing else. :)

Here's mine btw, since I never take pictures, I took one this morning. I'm really not a good photograph. 5970 + 5870, EK blocks. :) Still alot of wire management to do, and lol! unwrapping the top, but I'm almost there! I'm too busy gaming!

3 triple rads, 2 loops, in a Mountain Mods Extended Ascension. For now I call it the ''Borg Cube''. :) Even the 5970 look ''small'' in there!

Old March 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well the way I see it, if I can run all my games fine at low temperatures, then it's mounted fine and working properly. We all have our own ways of testing things, that is my way.

Reference cooling had my poor GPU running at like 100C after some SupCom 2

And nice setup you got going there.
Old March 24, 2010, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Well the way I see it, if I can run all my games fine at low temperatures, then it's mounted fine and working properly. We all have our own ways of testing things, that is my way.
Like I always say: I don't ''play'' benchmark. :) But to me, Furmark is useful to see if everything is set-up properly, particularly to double-check the VRMs temps.

Reference cooling for the 5970 is really poor, and LOUD!

The goal of my watercooling set-up was silence. And it works. It's almost ''fanless''. My fans all run at 600-700 rpm or under... whisper quiet. The 2 cards, 5870 + 5970, with stock coolers, were crazy loud, like a jet engine!
Old March 25, 2010, 03:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Just got a new 5870 card on the weekend what do ya recommend guys? Running 3/4" primochill tubing. Consider something that Daz has in stock. Have a swiftech full cover block and also a mcw60 from the kit mentioned in the sig. Am after a new block for vid. Is is possible to use what blocks I have now, noticed a ram sink that takes the mcw60 on pts, has anyone tried this?

Last edited by nasrott; March 25, 2010 at 03:44 AM.