Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Petra's as well as P-PCs have done that for me in the past. They've both got thank you emails after I got the packages. I didn't ask either of them to do it, they just do it for a positive customer experience. And maybe the small thrill of screwing with the Canadian government. :)

I don't think the HST thing will have any effect. CP collects BOTH taxes IIRC, not just the GST. Same cost, just a different name for the tax.
I noticed that too. The only place that I have been charged with is Frozen. Sidewinders, PPCs, Petras, and jabtech always come tax free.
Old March 9, 2010, 05:43 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
.How do they only catch half lol... Is the guy like "pass. pass, pass, charging you, pass, charging you and you, pass, pass". It just random
guy who work at customs are lazzy sometime, they do not check all the box. some box get check other not . I'm very happy when a $ 1200 O scale loco pass the custom without check ...
Old March 9, 2010, 07:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmmm, p-pcs just shipped an order to me today, would be nice if they were creative about the gov stuff.
Old March 18, 2010, 11:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, had to pay like $24...

First and last time I'll be ordering from FrozenCPU.
Old March 18, 2010, 11:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Damn, had to pay like $24...

First and last time I'll be ordering from FrozenCPU.

cant blame a company for border fees.

I live in NS, we have the HST. When I get dinged by USPS for cross border shipping, it's only the GST (6%) + custom fees + CanadaPost $5 fee.. we dont get dinged for the HST.
And I've seen government workers at the CCRA - most of them you wouldn't trust to sharpen a pencil let alone protect and inspect international mail at the border.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 18, 2010, 01:33 PM
Rookie

Today got two EK-FC 5870 nickel

Offtipc: To remove this paste is okay Newegg.com - Arctic Silver ACN-60ML (2-PC-SET) Thermal material Remover & Surface Purifier - Thermal Compound / Grease
Old March 18, 2010, 01:44 PM
Banned
F@H

below 20 cad theres no tax, maybe 10 or so in customs for looking at the box,literally.

was at the post office last week, a lady returned a package becauset hey asked for 800 something dollars on fees lol, i think she said the real value was 100 or so but someone marked it wrong down south
Old March 18, 2010, 03:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yes but P-PCs puts a low value on the box, so it passes by customs easily without owing anything. FrozenCPU put the true value though. Honest? Sure, but doesn't benefit me

Here's some pictures, not the greatest pictures, but whatever. My desk is a total mess right now, so my typical area can't be used, so there's less lighting over here.

I'll get it on the card this weekend hopefully, along with my SR-1 360 radiator.

One question for you guys though, the instructions say to "glue" the stand-offs to the block with thermal grease?! How the hell do you do that? Grease isn't adhesive by any means. Sounds like it would just create a huge mess all over the place. Don't know why they couldn't just come pre-attached, would make things so much easier.
Old March 18, 2010, 04:18 PM
Banned
F@H

very nice..p-pc as in performance pc?
Old March 18, 2010, 05:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
very nice..p-pc as in performance pc?
Indeed.