Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2010, 04:48 PM
Banned
F@H

want EK.. frozen have them. just make sure you chose USPS for shipping

EK Radeon HD 5870 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-FC5870-Acetal) - FrozenCPU.com

EK Radeon HD 5870 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel (EK-FC5870-Acetal+Nickel) - FrozenCPU.com
Old March 8, 2010, 07:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Their shipping seems a bit on the expensive side though...
Old March 8, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

I chose USPS with them and still got stuck with a tax fee, which never happened to me before with USPS from the states- weird.

Anyways, bay to OP: The EK block doesnt reuse the tension plate, you just screw the supplied screws in.
Old March 9, 2010, 06:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ah well, sucked up the costs and ordered the Nickel Acetal one. Went with USPS of course, so hopefully I don't get hit with any fees.

I just want to get my PC finished. I've had my SR-1 360 sitting on my desk for like two months now, holding out for my GPU + Block as I didn't want to drain the whole loop just to swap rads.
Old March 9, 2010, 09:20 AM
Banned
F@H

I order every week from Frozen this time, half of my order pass the custom without tax, the one who get catch by the customs I pay the GST and Provincial tax + $ 5 for the Canada Post fees to collect the taxes.

I give priority to Daz, better service, but he don't keep everything in stock, no blame here, he just start is side line business
Old March 9, 2010, 09:33 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
I have the EK waterblock on my 5970 for more then 2 months, and just got the matching one for my 5870. Awesome temps with those blocks. For exemple, the VRMs on my 5970 never goes over 70 celsius, even when highly OCed.

I have the EKs copper-plexi btw. :)
What kind of clocks are you getting w/ the HD5970?
Old March 9, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Ah well, sucked up the costs and ordered the Nickel Acetal one. Went with USPS of course, so hopefully I don't get hit with any fees.

I just want to get my PC finished. I've had my SR-1 360 sitting on my desk for like two months now, holding out for my GPU + Block as I didn't want to drain the whole loop just to swap rads.
I know how you feel. My SR1-360 sat on my desk just as long, and counting. Althought, it has a Feser 240 keeping it company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I order every week from Frozen this time, half of my order pass the custom without tax, the one who get catch by the customs I pay the GST and Provincial tax + $ 5 for the Canada Post fees to collect the taxes.
How do they only catch half lol... Is the guy like "pass. pass, pass, charging you, pass, charging you and you, pass, pass". It just random
Old March 9, 2010, 03:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

CP is supposed to charge you the taxes on anything over $50. Sometimes suppliers will put "wholesale" values on the commercial invoice so you don't get dinged, wink wink nudge nudge.
Old March 9, 2010, 04:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
CP is supposed to charge you the taxes on anything over $50. Sometimes suppliers will put "wholesale" values on the commercial invoice so you don't get dinged, wink wink nudge nudge.
P-PCs always puts $20 and marks it as Gift, at least in my recent orders that's how it's been.

Hopefully I don't get hit with taxes from FrozenCPU...

I bet things will become stricter once that HST goes into effect in Ontario.
Old March 9, 2010, 04:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Petra's as well as P-PCs have done that for me in the past. They've both got thank you emails after I got the packages. I didn't ask either of them to do it, they just do it for a positive customer experience. And maybe the small thrill of screwing with the Canadian government. :)

I don't think the HST thing will have any effect. CP collects BOTH taxes IIRC, not just the GST. Same cost, just a different name for the tax.