Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2010, 06:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

after lookin into it, might as well just get a new rad and find some way of jimmy rigging verticly outside of the case and rig it up with 6 sflex fans and use both radiators. Price cost for a cooler to get the results I want is damn expensive so I might as well just ride it out lol. Scrapping the waterblock idea for my gtx 260s and Ill just live with the noise of them.
Old February 24, 2010, 06:31 AM
Allstar

Good idea
Never give up on water cooling.
Old February 24, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

Check out Koolance 2600 rpm fans, they outperform Flexes even when slowed down.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 24, 2010, 06:52 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Upon further inspection (said in a rainier wolfcastle accent lol), i managed to do some fan swapping and wow oh wow it works like it should lol. Under OCCT linpack testing the chip hasnt budged over 67*C and its been over an hour now. Have it @ 4.2ghz now . My problem was the 140mm top fans of the lancool dont push air worth hell ive discovered, and i was using those to remove the heat from the radiator. So I pulled the top cover of my case off, put 2 x sflex 1600RPM fans pushing air and 2 x yate loons pulling air. It is considerably louder, but what the hell i paid an arm and a leg for these results lol. Still do plan on adding a 2nd radiator to the mix to get hopefully either lower load temps or keep it under a very consistant load temp and not change.

It might be ugly, and a bit louder then before ,but it works great now.
Old February 24, 2010, 06:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Check out Koolance 2600 rpm fans, they outperform Flexes even when slowed down.
What would you recommend for fans? I currently have 3 SFlex-G fans (going to use as case fans). I am now looking for some Radiator fans to go with a Themochill PA120.3. I was thinking about the Scythe GT's as they seem to be the most recommended. I also notice the store got some of the EK Black Compression fittings any more sizes and variations coming in ???? (Im running 1/2 but maybe I should switch to 7/16?)
Old February 24, 2010, 07:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Glad you figured that out. I know that MCR220 is not great rad (I ditched it after a week of use) , but 85c sounded too much for me. Also try to flip your case in different directions, you might have some air trapped in.

re BigDogg: I didn't tried GT myself. In my round up test, some time, ago Koolance outperformed Flexes, but if you have them already just use them. Ek will make more fittings in the future - those are the first one out at the moment.
HTPC Build: Final Video

Last edited by Dazmode; February 24, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old February 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
after lookin into it, might as well just get a new rad and find some way of jimmy rigging verticly outside of the case and rig it up with 6 sflex fans and use both radiators. Price cost for a cooler to get the results I want is damn expensive so I might as well just ride it out lol. Scrapping the waterblock idea for my gtx 260s and Ill just live with the noise of them.
you can do that with a radbox mounted on the rear of case, see you got the air out ;) 67c
Old February 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup fans make a huge difference put yate loons on my mcr320 and temps went through the roof from max 76 to almost 90c at one point before i turned it back down till i stop being lazy and put the 3000rpm kaze on the rad that i have sitting here this is all with an ambient of almost 30c. love water