Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29, 2011, 06:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I will go over my 480 block. Sucks because I just got my 402X2 bleeded. LOL

Edit: Without removing my blocks there are a couple spots that look suspicious. That officially means a drain and inspection. While I am at it I will tear down my Classified FB block too. Sure hope all is well.

Last edited by turtletrax; May 29, 2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 09:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hey,

Does anyone know how much it would cost to just get the GPU block replated with something like chrome or nickel?
Old May 29, 2011, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

When I looked for doing local plating for Heatkiller block. I was quoted $1 ea. for 20 pcs, but I don't know which grade it was as I abandoned idea and plated them in Germany.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 29, 2011, 10:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
When I looked for doing local plating for Heatkiller block. I was quoted $1 ea. for 20 pcs, but I don't know which grade it was as I abandoned idea and plated them in Germany.

I have local plating with bad results. Ended up with 3 blocks that were totally borked.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmm, maybe I will just take an old heatsink and pay them $15-20 to replate that and from those results; hand over the GPU blocks?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

BAD NEWS:

CUPW has also given the notice, required by the Canada Labour Code, of its intent to strike if there is no settlement flowing from its final offer. The union will be in a legal position to strike on Thursday, June 2, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. EDT. The union said the notice puts pressure on Canada Post to actually negotiate.

Canada Post shipping option was removed from DazMode store. We ship with UPS only.

Last edited by Dazmode; May 30, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
BAD NEWS:.......
Canada Post shipping option was removed from DazMode store. We ship with UPS only.
Now before some complain, yes the UPS charge of Daz are high compare to NCIX , but Daz is not NCIX, UPS give volume discount and I'm sure they will not give to much discount when CP is in strike. But as usally this morning Daz refund me because UPS charging less and that's we as customers aareciate it.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanboy View Post
Now before some complain, yes the UPS charge of Daz are high compare to NCIX , but Daz is not NCIX, UPS give volume discount and I'm sure they will not give to much discount when CP is in strike. But as usally this morning Daz refund me because UPS charging less and that's we as customers aareciate it.
Canada Post isnt the cheapest either.

The stuff needed to complete my setup is about a day away, should get here wed.!! Come oooonnnn!
Old May 30, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm trying to negotiate better rates with UPS, so price should go lower. It is all hard wired to our weekly spending with them , so if volume will get to some minimum threshold shipping price will go down sharply. Store take quote straight from our account, so it is all dynamically updated with our present cost.

Would we have NCIX volume, it could be dirt cheap... may in few years? :)
Old May 30, 2011, 10:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

^ Have you looked at Fed-Ex? The last few times I checked, they have rates $1-2 higher than Canada Post but a greatly superior service.