Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2010, 02:30 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Water Cooling Tubing Damage?

I ordered 8ft of Tygon Tubing from Sidewinder and a few other water cooling related things that came working and looking fine with good packaging.

My problem is the entire length of the tubing has a continuous scratch down the middle of the tubing as if someone had scraped their nail down it, (If you don't know what I mean and have some spare tubing about just scrape a little bit with your nail and it should come up with exactly the same thing)

So yeah I was just wondering if this is normal, I have only ordered tubing once before so I don't know if this is something that will happen regardless of where you are buying it the tubing I ordered before was colored and did not seem to have any noticeable scratches on it..

So do you think this is something I can get the tubing replaced for?

This is not the type of mark that you can just rub off with your finger or anything else it is certainly permanent and it is very noticeable.

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this but I wasn't sure where else to put it..

Thanks guys!
Old February 8, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sidewinder typically offers good service although when I didn't receive a small order I made once, he didn't seem interested in helping me and I never received it. It might be worth a try, but you would be responsible for shipping and it might not be worth the expense and bother. It sounds like there is something sharp near his spool of tubing that the tubing was dragged over as he pulled it off the spool.
Old February 8, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

Looks like tube was scratched when get pulled from the spool (which is always a challenge when you cut custom lenght). If this is surface scratch, not a cut - I would not sweat too much about it.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 8, 2010, 11:57 AM
Allstar

end of the roll damage?
Old February 8, 2010, 12:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah Thanks guys, I will be ordering a CPU block from him soon along with some other stuff and I will probably just buy some more tubing and mention that the last tubing I got from him was scratch and see if I can get a no scratch guarantee considering it cant be that hard to just be slow and careful when taking the tubing of the spool my bet would be he has it on the top of a desk and as he is pulling it off its scraping across the edge of the desk top which would just require a damp clothe to be put down.. Oh well Thanks guys!

-Babrbarossa

Did you manage to get your money back? he does not seem to care at times, he took a week to just deliver my order to the post office and I live in Australia so it took almost another week for it to come lol. Other than that I agree Sidewinder can be excellent and all of my other items came undamaged and with good packaging.
Old February 8, 2010, 03:30 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

This is weird because every time I ordered from SW, Gary was on top of things. Very efficient, very fast shipping.

edit: can you take pics of the damage?
Old February 8, 2010, 04:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't have a camera, I will try and find something to take a photo with (will probably be a webcam if anything) the mark is 3mm thick and just looks cloudy, I tried rubbing it to see if it would come off and had no luck.

I did not make this post to make people have second thoughts about ordering from Sidewinder they have lots of great products over there with great service, I sent him a few E-Mails and he responded to all of them on the same day (One was on a Sunday and I didn't even expect a reply but he did) I am sure the only reason it took a while for him to deliver my package to the post office was because he was busy with other orders and the order was quite large.

Everything in the box came with great packaging lots of Styrofoam peanuts for protection and the tubing was even in a plastic bag along with a few other things it looked like he put in a plastic bag for me to avoid damage during shipping.
Old February 8, 2010, 05:03 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'm just curious to see the damage, or it just may be a production defect.
Old February 8, 2010, 05:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I doubt it is a production defect, it could have been them that scratched it though and just gave it to him like that, I will post pictures soon (Need to figure out this iPod camera thing lol)

EDIT: Does anyone know how to just take pictures with those new iPods I can only take videos lol.. Looks like thats all it does..

Last edited by TokeR; February 8, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Those iPods do only take video - sad I know. Is it only cosmetic, or is it actually a 'deep' scratch?