Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Fan Controller for Radiator Fans

I am just bumping this old post back up as I have not yet found a solution... Also, the plans changed from my original plan (seen below).

NCIX emailed me today saying that the Lamptron FC5 that I ordered over a month ago is still not in stock, and they have NO ETA on more. They asked me if I would like to switch it for something else. I heard that the previous FC series made squeeling sounds with the fans, so I am a little turned off about that.

I dont mind the knob idea, but if there is an LCD display, or LEDs, they must be either white or red. I really do not want to do any modding wither I was going to get a BigNG, but there are no Canadian online stores that sell them, nor do any sell the Aquaero controller.

Now I am needing a fan controller.

What It Needs
- Any lighting (LEDs, LCD) must be red or white.
- Must have a MINIMUM of 20W per channel.
- Thats about it

Update: Daz... That Akasa controller you have is calling my name. How does it perform?

Quote:
I only deemed that this should go in the "Water Cooling" section because it is for the fans specifically on the radiator(s).

I am looking for a fan controller, preferibally one that has no knobs, switches, etc. etc. that would interfere with my TJ07's (future) face plate. I would prefer an internal one, or one that can be hidden like the T-Balancer T-Balancer® bigNG MultiFunction Fan / Pump Controller or the Aquaero Aquaero 4.00 USB Fan-Controller, VF-Display.

I am needing a controller that could power atleast three fans (@2.16W) on one channel/ controll.

Any ideas out there?

Last edited by AmuseMe; May 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old February 1, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default 5.5 Bay control

PC Cyber Canada - For All Your Computer Needs 5 fans contolled FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies

Or look at frozen but shipping and custums

look there or maybe DAZOMED site
Old February 2, 2010, 05:38 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Post Opinion

If you can sacrifice 2 drive bays and you are patient enough to carefully probe and wire this thing it is a very good option.

NZXT Sentry LX - Aluminum Dual Bay Fan Controller - Black Products Model: SENTRY-LX [SENTRY-LX] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old February 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My LX annoys me, I much happier with Sunbeam Rhoebus Extreme on my other machine (although it doesn't show RPMs)
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 2, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by E}{ile BFG OC 4GHZ View Post
If you can sacrifice 2 drive bays and you are patient enough to carefully probe and wire this thing it is a very good option.

NZXT Sentry LX - Aluminum Dual Bay Fan Controller - Black Products Model: SENTRY-LX [SENTRY-LX] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
It only support 4W per channel - meaning, two of my fans would be too much draw for it. I am looking for atleast 10W+ per channel. The Rheobus extreme did 30W, but I sold mine because I do not like the "knobs"
Old February 2, 2010, 02:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
It only support 4W per channel - meaning, two of my fans would be too much draw for it. I am looking for atleast 10W+ per channel. The Rheobus extreme did 30W, but I sold mine because I do not like the "knobs"
You can look at the Lamptron series, although they produced a terrible high pitched whine with my Scythe fans so I had to RMA the unit. I am thinking about going back to the Sunbeam as it did not produce any whine with the exact same fans. Personally the Lamptron looks the best but the Sunbeam to me is the best of the bunch in terms of components and functionality. As for the knobs.. I don't really like them either, I might check Sayal to see if they have any replacement knobs that would fit..
Old February 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'd like to get some of those: Akasa Thermal Solution

HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 2, 2010, 05:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
My LX annoys me, I much happier with Sunbeam Rhoebus Extreme on my other machine (although it doesn't show RPMs)
What's wrong with the LX? I was thinking of getting one, they look sexy...

Of course, the 4W per channel would not allow me to run two of those 1900 RPM S-FLEX AmuseMe sold me at full speed (they use about 2.8W each), but they'd run around 1350 RPM, and with 6 of them, I'm guessing it would be enough. I just love the Star Trek look of the Sentry LX.

Old May 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

Updated the question, and didnt want to post a new thread with the exact same topic... bump
Old May 6, 2010, 04:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

really not sure if this helps can't find specs for wattage per channel Newegg.ca - Sunbeam MFPP Multi-Fan Power Port - Adapters & Gender Changers