Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Smile Reservior & CPU Block (1366)

Hey guys, I have a pump and some tubing and a GTX 360 Black Ice Radiator with some Feser UV Reactive Blue Cooling Liquid my problem is I have not found a Water Block yet, I am not really bothered with the looks I just want the most outstanding performer, I don't really like clear plastic on my Water Blocks though but other than that I am not fussed. I am also looking for a drive bay reservoir with a black front panel, something that would look good in a Corsair Obsidian 800D Case.

I do not care much for the price so long as it is worth the performance, I will not be needing these parts until March Assuming that is when the Rampage III Extreme will be coming out (Yes I have changed my Mobo Yet Again lol) So if you know of any CPU Blocks or reservoirs coming out in that time frame that you think are worth a look at please post links

I do live in Australia, so if you know a shop that sells the CPU Block/Reservoir your recommending internationally then please tell me because the only shop I know of so far is DangerDens.

-Wouldn't mind some Tubing ideas either I know I said I have some but I don't know if I like it or not yet and it's generally quite cheap so I don't mind buying some more.

Also all you Water Cooling veterans any Tips you have to do with WC will be greatly appreciated they could come in handy!

Thanks for everything guys!
Old January 18, 2010, 03:34 AM
Top Prospect

check out the heatkiller 3.0.
it's a pretty simple looking block but it's one of the best performers and it's under 100.
dazmode on this site sells them but shipping from cad to aus could be expensive.
Old January 18, 2010, 07:10 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Okay thanks mate, any ideas on the reservoir?
Old January 18, 2010, 07:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I would say go with a EK Multioption Res. Something like this:
EK-Multioption RES 150 multioption EK watercooling loop compensating reservoir [EK-Multioption RES 150] - $41.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

Old January 18, 2010, 07:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I just installed the EK Supreme LT 2 days ago so I don't have much experience with it but so far I love it.
I haven't had a chance to OC yet but the stock speed temps are great. I replaced a D-Tek block I've used for 2 years and thus far I'd say this is superior.
I believe it comes in a clear top as well (at least it did in the past) but I don't know about OZ availability.

EK-Supreme-LT -Acetal EK-Supreme-LT -Acetal [EK-Supreme-LT -Acetal] - $49.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store
Old January 18, 2010, 08:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks guys, I have decided to go with a HeatKiller 3.0 (If I can find a store thats not sold out lol) and I found a really nice drive bay reservoir with a black face plate also I found a really nice fan controller while looking for this parts.

The one problem is They are NOT in Stock ANYWHERE! ... Oh well I shall keep looking.

Just a quick question.. I have it in mind that the best fans for my Radiator and general case cooling are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, They are the best fans you can get at the moment right? wish they came in a more attractive color lol..
Old January 18, 2010, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect

check out ebay on the heatkiller, i see them ever so often
Old January 18, 2010, 05:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Probably more common on American Ebay, but I rarely find anything cool on Australian Ebay lol. But thanks for the suggestion maybe I will get lucky!
Old January 18, 2010, 05:33 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokeR View Post
Scythe Gentle Typhoons, They are the best fans you can get at the moment right?
The fans you choose depend on whether you want silence or cooling power. The Black Ice has a dense fin structure so most people will choose a fan with high CFM and high static pressure to use on it.

I also use a BIX rad and I find I can use a quiet fan (Yate Loons) quite nicely if I use them in push/pull. I am not familiar with these Scythe fans but they look like low CFM/low noise so you might want to consider getting 6 of these Scythe fans for the rad if you go with them.
Old January 18, 2010, 05:48 PM
Rookie

daz has some instock for almost every socket, be sure to grab a backplate aswell.

Block:
HEATKILLER CPU Kuhler Rev3.0 1366 HEATKILLER CPU Kuhler Rev3.0 1366 [14015] - $114.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

Backplate:
HEATKILLER block Backplate 1366 HEATKILLER back Backplate 1366 [10011] - $9.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

hes also got the rez in stock:
EK-Multioption RES 150 multioption EK watercooling loop compensating reservoir [EK-Multioption RES 150] - $41.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store
Main- i7 920 C0 @ 4.0, EVGA X58 SLI FTW Mobo, 6GB Corsair XMS3@2000mhz, EVGA GTX470 in SLI, Corsair AX1200, Corsair Obsidian 800D, 2 OCZ 60GB Vertex in Raid 0, 4 WD 1TB Blacks, Logitech G19 keyboard, Logitech G9 mouse, Samsung SyncMaster 245BW.

WC Loop- TFC 360 Rad, HK 3.0 CPU block, EK -EVGA X58 full coverage motherboard and mosfet blocks, MCP655 pump with EK top, Scythe S-flex push/pull.