Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 04:39 AM
Rookie

Default Middleman

Hello Hardware Canucks i am glad to say i am no longer your troll.

I am attempting to buy all the bits and pieces I desire for my 1st loop for the CPU/Chipset.
I have found the Bitspower merchandise to be the most appealing however i am having a difficult time procuring all the desired parts I require from either a Canadian or American Vendor.

I am currently running EVGA's x58 3xSLI Classified.

I would like to install these two waterblocks on the NB&SB and mosfet:

BP-WBPEI58DP2-BK

BP-WBEIX58NSC-BK

While shopping online i found a number of Shops in the US to carry the water blocks however, all the stores i have visited are sold out.

Would anyone In these forums know where in the WORLD I may find these Water blocks in stock?
will bitspower sell their merchandise to individuals or only operate through online middlemen q?

I found a CPU Block from Alphacool:

Alphacool HF 14 Yellowstone which is in stock although its days look like they are numbered.

Fittings
( are these fittings any good )
3/8id 5/8od
Bitspower Gold Compression

the rest of my bits and pieces..
Bitspower G 1/4" 90 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter - Matte Blackx1
Bitspower G 1/4" Black Sparkle 45 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter - Black Matte Finishx2
Bitspower G1/4" Stop Fitting with O-ring - Black Matte Finishx1
Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 - POMx1
Bitspower DDC Mini Water Tank for Laing Pumpsx1
Black IceŽ GT Stealth 360 XFlow Highest Performance Radiatorx1
Bitspower -TRUE GOLDEN- G1/4 Straight Compression Fitting for 3/8IN ID 5/8IN OD Tubing Gold Plated x12
Swiftech MCP350 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 3/8IN Barbs x1
Primochill PC Ice NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement 32OZ - Clear
Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Clear 3/8IN ID 5/8IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)
Applique - Lionx1

Last edited by Aicsie; January 14, 2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: wasnt done
Old January 14, 2010, 08:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Don't know where you can find those blocks but, If you are gonna put the straight compression fittings next to eachother on any of the blocks, make sure that the holes are far enough appart to fit two compression fiittings side by side. Contact the manufacturer and ask.
Old January 14, 2010, 10:36 AM
Rookie

Exclamation

Thanks for the tip..

I was going to include Bitspower G 1/4" Black Sparkle 45 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter - Black Matte Finishx2 with the hardware on the CPU block. I think the CPU block is the only one that may be to close for the compression fittings.
Old January 14, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

Dazmode may be able to. Do PM Dazmode or visit his store and send him an email. Never seen him carry Bitspower, but no harm in trying. You know EK also makes very good blocks, actually I prefer EK over Bitspower.. Bitspower have started making very good blocks, but EK has been in the market for some time, and the quality of their products is top notch, support too.

That Black Ice GT Stealth I wouldn't recommend, they have low flow problems, actually the only rads I've seen them make real good are the Xtreme and new SR series, the rest are all ermmm.. though the quality is top notch for sure, I'd suggest you get a Swiftech triple rad, ok we're talking of not even close to the quality of black ice rads, but performance is solid, or spend more money and get Feser rads, might be the best out there..

Bitspower fittings and Primochill tubing FTW, simply the best.. You really don't need the PC-ICE, haven't heard good things about it, if you just want clear stuff, really heavily suggest you stick with distilled water, now usually you need biocide, but few sources on the net say primochill tubing has pre-applied biocide, so you can go for straight distilled water..

CPU block is tricky, that alphacool block is really good, you could go for a EK Supreme block, but it might be low on flow, Swiftech Apogee XT I wouldn't recommend, the quality of the block, especially internals are atrocious, Heatkillers are amazing blocks, but hard to get..

I'd check Dazmode though, do consult him, has a lot of knowledge in water cooling..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 14, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Thanks Miggs! We don't carry bitspower as it will just duplicate TFC and EK products, which are both excellent European quality. We looked into Yellowstone, but decided that HK is more appealing.

Sourcing WC parts is always the pain, we do our best to cover basics, but it is far from perfect. I'm sure everything can be purchased from US stores. Good luck in your quest.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old January 14, 2010, 12:47 PM
Rookie

Thanks again..

I Do have the Ek on back up and they are not unappealing both their price and style made them a solid runner up.

it would be a lot more economical to use the single Ek Full Motherboard Block instead of the two piece Bitspower Mosfet and NB & SB Chip Pieces.

on the shiny scale Bitspower still beats out EK in my eye 10>9.7 .
Old January 14, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Single block is way to go, unless you like THE pain with multipoint tube routing. My GA Extreme set was a big challenge.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old January 14, 2010, 01:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Shiny scale.. yeah off course, look at performance, I bet EK wins here..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 14, 2010, 01:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'd have to agree, a single full cover block will make things so much more simpler. Definitely worth considering! Also, 45 degree fittings wil make it possible to use compression fitting on your CPU block but, 90 degree fittings might make it easier on the tubbing. The distance from CPU block to chipset block is short and the 90 degree fittings allow for the tubbing to go straight in with no bend.
Old January 16, 2010, 07:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

here
Bitspower Black Freezer EIX58NSC (EVGA X58 Classified) BP-WBEIX58NSC-BK + EI58DPII

and here
Bitspower Black Freezer MOS EI58DP (EVGA X58 SLI) BP-WBEI58DP-BK

looks like a premium price,but they are in stock.
fwiw i have purchased from them before-240 and360 rad brackets actually ,and it was a great experience-arrived from europe in about 6 business days