Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Silverstone Nitrogon NT06 Review Comment Thread

Yet another Air Cooler review for your comments, critiques, or questions....

If you haven't already read the review, it can be found here http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/hardw...06-review.html

Last edited by sswilson; October 3, 2007 at 05:40 AM.
Old October 3, 2007, 06:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

On a personal note.....

I'm especially interested in comments on the testing methodology.

We spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best ways to record unbiased and relevant benchmarking data for our reviews, but there is always a chance that we've missed something important.

The reason I test coolers on an open test bed is to remove case airflow from the equation. If I used a closed tower case, the results would vary greatly depending on how well air flowed through the case. Differences in cooler design and/or size would also be affected by airflow, as one in a better position to use the airflow particular to that case would get better results just because it was a better "fit" for that particular case.

If anybody has an idea (or idea(s) ) that would improve the testing methodology I'd be very interested in hearing it (them).