Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yes, but I don't think it has 3 or 4 inlets....
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old January 4, 2010, 06:01 PM
Rookie

I'm lost. What does it need more inlets for? it has the res and fill cap all built in, which is all I thought it would need. I can add a standalone res in between that rad and the pump, should fit no problem. (by the 5.25" bays) I just thought I could use the one that's built in.
Old January 4, 2010, 06:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How do you plan to fill the built in res once it's mounted? I don't think it's designed to fill in any other position other than upright.

Old January 4, 2010, 06:25 PM
Rookie

Hmm, that's true. I would think I could position it upright and not mount it before I fill it, and/or angle the computer to accommodate for me filling it... I've never done a WC setup so I don't know how feasible that is.
Regardless, say I put a res in between the rad up top and the pump and use that instead. (in between the long green line to the right of the fluorescent pink motherboard ) does that look correct?
Old February 7, 2010, 10:05 AM
Rookie

update. I have everything in the picture, plus a res mounted in the drive bay area between the upper rad and the pump. Just gotta run the tubing when I have enough spare time.
The only hitch I can see is with the video cards. On that board they mount so close together that I can only have it with the top cards barbs facing up and the bottom cards barbs facing down, not enough room in between to have barbs pointing toward the cards. (not even one way... if that makes sense).
I was going to either try to run the tubes with the barbs up and down respectively (although that might get a bit too bendy) or get a couple 90 degree barbs. I saw that there are some special barbs that connects 2 cards directly, but I cant find any.
suggestions?
Old February 7, 2010, 04:01 PM
Rookie

id like to pick up the 90 degree barbs tomorrow if i do in fact need them, any input???
Old February 7, 2010, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by meistah View Post
update. I have everything in the picture, plus a res mounted in the drive bay area between the upper rad and the pump. Just gotta run the tubing when I have enough spare time.
The only hitch I can see is with the video cards. On that board they mount so close together that I can only have it with the top cards barbs facing up and the bottom cards barbs facing down, not enough room in between to have barbs pointing toward the cards. (not even one way... if that makes sense).
I was going to either try to run the tubes with the barbs up and down respectively (although that might get a bit too bendy) or get a couple 90 degree barbs. I saw that there are some special barbs that connects 2 cards directly, but I cant find any.
suggestions?
I personally wouldn't get either, as I am not a fan of both companies but you could get something like this:
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...e=Danger%20Den
or
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...cture=Koolance (Think that is to big for what you need though)
Old February 8, 2010, 12:31 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Id look into different radiators for your setup. These swiftech ones seem to be crap at best from my personal experiance. My temps from my brutally expensive watercooling loop right now are no better than that of a high end air cooler. So im going to build my watercooler externally very very soon as I have found internal mounting to not do much better than an air cooler. (actually im just waiting to get paid from work to pick up a better radiator). Aside from my rad I dont believe I have any "cheap" watercooling parts so my temps should be considerably better then what they are.
Old February 8, 2010, 05:03 PM
Rookie

I think ill give that danger den connector kit a shot, thanks AmuseMe
If I can't get it to work well internally I'm scrapping the project, I don't want to be mounting things externally. (although I might be able to squeeze the rad in up top with a bit of modding.)
No big loss, it was only a few hundred for all the parts and ill get a bit of money back reselling. I'm not looking for amazing overclocking results, I just thought it would be an interesting project.
Old March 24, 2010, 09:45 PM
Rookie

**update**

have had the computer sitting in the corner finished for about a month now... decided to put the coolant in today... trying to fill the tubes and I think the pump is dead. I jumped the power supply and all i have connected is the pump, but it doesnt seem like its moving the liquid (see attached pic). unless I'm dyslexic and the arrows are pointing the opposite way of what I see I have the tubing hooked up correctly...