Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2009, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have always found when building a big loop it can help very very little that's why i said that's just an opinion. if you measure the water temp in can go down by like half a degree, I know wow half a degree. yes what are temps like with that block on i7? ( when you get her running that is )
Old December 25, 2009, 07:20 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
I actually admire you going for the EK supreme over anything else, even a heat killer.. very good block for the money..
I actually already have an Apogee GTZ, but I read lots about the Supreme and thought it might be a better block. I was also pressed for time (I was waiting for a mounting plate from Swiftech), so I added the Supreme to my order from Dazmode.

Anybody looking for a GTZ let me know!
Fold for team #54196
Old December 25, 2009, 08:58 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
if you measure the water temp in can go down by like half a degree
Half a degree is well within the margin of error of most consumer temperature monitoring devices, so there's no guarantee that there was even a real substantial difference. Just saying.
Old December 25, 2009, 09:46 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Passed a 14hr leak test. Hopefully I was lucky on my first loop to have no leaks. Will have to check again after the water heats up a bit.

Drained most of the distilled water, added more distilled that was treated with "Dazmode Protector" so hopefully the water will resist corrosion and algae.

Powered up OK, but the bios had lost all its settings and I didn't have them saved (). So I copied the settings that seemed to work on my other P6T, where the D0 was clocked at 3.6GHZ.

Right now, the folding rig is folding at 3.6GHZ, and I have 54c, 52c, 50c-50c max across the 4 cores. All cores folding 100%.

Here are a few pics.

#1 is the setup. Six Gelid fans on a Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme controller. Fans are push/pull on a TFC Xchanger 360. Connected to the Swiftech MCP655-B pump (no speed control), EK Supreme block, and EK Multires 150 (next time maybe a bay mounted res. I used double-sided tape and a zip tie to hold in place). I used zip ties to hopefully secure the barbs and tubing properly:

#2 Front showing the fan controller. This thing is bright when on!

Next thing to be added to the loop hopefully will be a Fermi card....
Fold for team #54196
Old December 25, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sweet... Looks nice and simple..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 25, 2009, 04:08 PM

My System Specs

I think it is time to bring up the clock speed. You should have no problem hitting 4.2GHz - 4.4GHz w/ the cooling you are using.
Old December 26, 2009, 06:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Half a degree is well within the margin of error of most consumer temperature monitoring devices, so there's no guarantee that there was even a real substantial difference. Just saying.
oh i know that's why i said it's only half a degree ( I use 3 different digital gauges that I use all have said the same thing many a time soon many a machine) but i mean half a degree makes it more my preference than anything. and like low said you should be able to get some good clocks out of her.
Because half adegree is not going to stop those clocks. nice build CKW
Old December 26, 2009, 10:05 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I think it is time to bring up the clock speed. You should have no problem hitting 4.2GHz - 4.4GHz w/ the cooling you are using.
Will be doing this shortly. Sagath and kruzn4evr are coming over for beer next week and we will go for 4.0.

I would try it myself, but there are many voltage settings in the P6T bios that I am not sure what they do. Right now I have far too many of them set to auto (except vcore and vdimm of course).
Fold for team #54196