Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 21, 2009, 10:37 PM
MVP

Default Typhoon 3

I've had my primochill typhoon 3 installed for about 1 month now. Initial set up was a pain. But I'm curious, from what I hear they have a reputation of cracking/leaking.

For those that have used one, what has your experience been? good/bad?
Old December 21, 2009, 11:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
I've had my primochill typhoon 3 installed for about 1 month now. Initial set up was a pain. But I'm curious, from what I hear they have a reputation of cracking/leaking.

Aside from the metal plugs for the front being made of steel, mine has been fine, hell I managed to use the crappy compression fittings without incident.
Old December 22, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
Initial set up was a pain.
That's my only complaint, next to refilling/draining.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old December 22, 2009, 12:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
That's my only complaint, next to refilling/draining.
Refilling isn't that bad you just have to do it with the case on it's back.
Old January 10, 2010, 03:58 PM
Top Prospect

I'd like to know too since I want one very badly.

I hear they moved the warehouse to a better place so it would be better...is this true? I want one like no other X_x
Old January 22, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser

ITS RMA TIME @ PRIMOCHILL

well this says it all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxgods,aka geno
All I can suggest is starting an RMA ticket if you haven't already or checking/updating it if you have. Issues like yours are why I am very careful to always mention that I don't actually work for Primo Chill or any of the companies I design products for. That may sound like a bit of a cop out to you but the reality is that once I submit a design and the manufacturing process and product sales cycle begin I am not in the loop. If alterations to the design are made to make it easier or cheaper to produce for example, I have no say. The same for setting or changing the sales price or any other policy the company might have. I am pretty sure (though again not positive) that Primo would not expect you to ship a part back all the way from Spain and would accept a picture or something similar. Just be sure to explain your situation in your trouble ticket, don't assume they know every single detail about you, your purchase, or your particular situation. My experience thus far with Brian and the folks at Primo is that they try to do as much as they can to be helpful and practice good business.
sounds won't cover damaged parts from leaked units only the T3 unit. geno karma does lives
for all those rma's promochill are only saving face for company name, remember me originator