Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2009, 01:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I would mount the radiator externally, but there is no where to effectivly put the radiator without clearance issues or my kids and retarded cat mucking something up lol.

I checked what appeared to be a kink, but its an optical illusion lol. Guess Im going to get an antec 1200 or an HAF case after the new year. What burns my ass is this case is supposed to be watercooling friendly but its clearly not lol.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions.
Old December 17, 2009, 01:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Then i think you may need to go with a larger case, one designed to house watercooling
Old December 17, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ambient is room temp you put idle temp ( maybe i am being think and can't see it )
and it simple you need fans with higher static pressure and don't pull. but if your coming from hdt tech then you may not to see a big difference.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that and comparing air to water no good water removes the heat ( normally when mounted outside or on the top ) you can run under max load with almost no temp increase over time. where with air the whole case and components heat up too.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would move the rad to the outside or remove the top on your lancool ( I have one I know your pain there a bit1h to water cool) and place it there adn get some good fans cfm what matters. sorry i realized i was not helping very much ( if you have digital gauges it helps ) and yes ambient matter a lot.
edit even try having teh fans blow i always found worked better and you can just spin them
Old December 17, 2009, 02:21 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I agree that your problem is the placement of your rad. All the air from it looks to be getting trapped beneath your video card. If you could mount it in the top it would make a huge difference.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Guess im stuck with my current setup until after new year. Going to get myself an antec 1200 with a bigger badder radiator.So far the only thing swiftech seems to be good for is a pump and resevoir.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:40 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Nothing wrong with your rad. It just needs to be in a better spot so it can do its job properly.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I wonder, would I lose performance if I went with a double thick 120mm radiator vs this thin 2 x 120mm radiator? Providing they are both in optimal environment and mounted properly?
Old December 17, 2009, 03:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer265@ View Post
Nothing wrong with your rad. It just needs to be in a better spot so it can do its job properly.
Bingo. You need outside air flowing over the rad, or at least exhausting it out of the case. I've always found that drawing exterior air over the rad works best for me. Your setup is just recirculating interior case air over the fins.