Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2010, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ I've been doing a lot of "searching".....I would like to somehow be able to "make use" of my TJ09 Case....

Ginger: Yes, the 480's do produce a lot of heat...for example...the Stock Fan set at 80% and furmark will easily bring these GPU's to 100c within 20 min.

Here's a link to my Case.....designed for:
1 x 240 Rad up top

Thier appears to be Rad Mounting holes on the 120mm GPU Fan Intake shroud (and lots of room)

The only other place I see accessible for a small 120mm rad is the Top rear exhaust.

Perhaps NOT WC the Board Chipset and just go with the GPU's and CPU somehow....although it would sure be nice to cool this Evga Classified Chipset with Water as well..

SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration

Old June 4, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well this is where i would start to place rads put a double in the top then a double in the back see.

Then if 2x double rads don't work you can always hang 1 off the back and size really does not matter to much

on the back. good thing with double rads is later on they can become a double if needed. just a thought
Attached Images

Old June 4, 2010, 11:12 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The CM ATCS 840 can be had for $150 US plus $50 shipping (refurb) from Coolermaster. There is a review of it on HWC. Zero just picked one up (he took advantage of the free shipping deal...that deal is now done). No fees when it arrived.

The case is huge....bigger than the HAF I used above. As you see in the pic, the 360 rad is inside the case...what you don't see is that there are 6 fans on that internal rad, and still room left over. The ATCS would have a little more room than that, but the HAF might be able to accommodate another rad on the bottom or rear. (that is if you decide a new case is in order)
Fold for team #54196
Old June 4, 2010, 11:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

While maintenance is on your mind..... don't forget to get your rad(s) out of there and remove the fans so that you can get rid of the dust bunnies which breed on the rad.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 4, 2010, 12:08 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
I don't think I've ever had a system stay together long enough to need maintenance. Always seems to be something new that has me tearing everything apart anyway.

If I have a loop together for over 2 months it is a miracle.
Old June 4, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
While maintenance is on your mind..... don't forget to get your rad(s) out of there and remove the fans so that you can get rid of the dust bunnies which breed on the rad.
ya have found dust bunnies will effect your temps a little too so it's a good idea to clean
Old October 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Well, ripped my precious rig apart to make it more precious again.

Current changes: (Old ---> New)

1. 2x GTX 285s water cooled ---> 2x GTX 460s 1GB air cooled (until Xmas..WC at that time)

2. Alphacool Niagara ---> Heatkiller 3.0 Cu

3. Bay Res ---> EK 150 multioption tube res

4. Swiftech 655 ---> Swiftech 655 with EK Top v2

5. HAF 932 ---> ATCS 840

Also picked up a few compression fittings for the first time (any advice on using these?) Also not using a fan controller. I just kept the last controller on full anyways.

Also cleaned out the rad with very hot water until the water was clear. Using distilled water with Dazmode protector (glycol?)

Hopefully I have her leak testing tomorrow night and ready to fold by the weekend.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 13, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Well, ripped my precious rig apart to make it more precious again.

Current changes: (Old ---> New)

1. 2x GTX 285s water cooled ---> 2x GTX 460s 1GB air cooled (until Xmas..WC at that time)

2. Alphacool Niagara ---> Heatkiller 3.0 Cu

3. Bay Res ---> EK 150 multioption tube res

4. Swiftech 655 ---> Swiftech 655 with EK Top v2

5. HAF 932 ---> ATCS 840

Also picked up a few compression fittings for the first time (any advice on using these?) Also not using a fan controller. I just kept the last controller on full anyways.

Also cleaned out the rad with very hot water until the water was clear. Using distilled water with Dazmode protector (glycol?)

Hopefully I have her leak testing tomorrow night and ready to fold by the weekend.
Goddamn rich teachers and their Union Protected Jobs.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 13, 2010, 08:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Also picked up a few compression fittings for the first time (any advice on using these?)
Tighten the tubing end down until there's about a 2 mm gap between the base and ring. Use a rag to protect your silky soft hands from the knurling on the fittings.
Old October 13, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Goddamn rich teachers and their Union Protected Jobs.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water