Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2010, 06:00 AM
Top Prospect

I ususally rip all my loops apart once a year and clean everything with a tooth brush. :)

Every 6 months, I flush and rinse 3 times with distilled water. I now have a plug on the lowest line on all my loops to easily flush and rinse my loops.

I use a 6'' .999 true silver wire in every res I have, and 1 dop of Lugol/liter of distilled water. Loops are always crystal clear.
Old June 3, 2010, 06:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

I don't think I've ever had a system stay together long enough to need maintenance. Always seems to be something new that has me tearing everything apart anyway.
Old June 3, 2010, 07:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this loop has not been in use long enough to need cleaning unless something was done wrong. so i am wondering why are you pulling it apart. and the easiest way to drain a loop is from it's lowest point what every that maybe ( pump form the looks of it ) just to let you know a good loop setup should not need any maintenance this early and if you are have temp issue's then you 'll need to pull the blocks apart.

I have seen crap in loops that are just nasty and if that gets stuck in the block yes normally hot water will work but not all the time.

still in puzzlement why you pulling this apart so early. ( unless your just turning into a water cool freak who needs new parts and the only way there going in there is under water so what is it ) have fun and try to remember paper towels can save your butt.

hint hint don't rock your case too much if you change parts as much as i do then the case is going to die from all that rocking if you can try running your loop outside of the case with stand alone molex power makes things real easy and yes daz i know about draining a loop from the res the only problem with that is have to rock the crap outta your case adn the rivets will come lose i know i have had it happen on every case i own. it has killed 4 cases already and now my haf

have fun chrisK that 's all that matters.
Old June 3, 2010, 08:52 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I was only going to pull it apart if I needed to for maintenance. I thought that after 7 months, it was time to do at least some minor work. I do want to change the fluid in one loop though. Temps are fine.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 3, 2010, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

only once a year do you need to change fluid if set up right or like i said if your temps start to go then some things up. but yes most of us do a flush every 6 months or so but it's really just a excuse to change other parts. which you are so have fun and just use a table,chair+bucket on chair then pop your pump off and away you go. watch rocking your case not kidding about all the cases i have killed.

stand alone molex makes bleeding a system easy as pie that's how i have been doing it now for almost 2 years because it just so easy to bleed the system with no parts in your way or if your using a "T" line getting air out is so easy.
Old June 4, 2010, 12:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow...those Temps are great Chris....I have made up my mind..I will be going to the "Dark side" this Fall.....will purchase parts throughout the summer in preparation...I've had it with Fans n Heat.
Intend to cool:
1. CPU
2. Evga X58 Classified mosfets / NB / SB
3. SLI GTX 480's

Total rookie guys, a few questions:
1. Is a single 360 Triple rad going to be adequate for the lot?
2. Should break it into two Loops?....1 Loop for CPU / Mobo and 1 Loop for GPU's?

I cannot fit a 360 Rad on the top of my Silverstone TJ090...only a 240..bummer I know...any other ideas for my Case or would I be better off going straight to a corsair 800D ?

I know..i'll start a new thread and PM Kruzin.....for help....a little excited about my decision....too bad thier wasn't someone in my area who could help me out with it...

Old June 4, 2010, 07:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if you can't fit a 360 then run 2 x 220 rads if you can make it work i just think your asking a lot from 1 triple not sure though cause i am not sure of the heat output from your gpu's. good luck and are you sure that there's no one out there i thought there was?
Old June 4, 2010, 08:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

one sure thing chris, your loop is clean and I LOVEEEEEEEE THAT! Glad to see that some people still love a non-light orled setup:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 4, 2010, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

One tripple for the 920, NB, SB and two 480s is going to push it. Most sensible people would put the 480's just on the 360.
Old June 4, 2010, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well that's funny cause most people over kill the rad big time now i too think that your asking a lot from 1 360 but 1 just for the 480's do they produce that much heat?